1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Information on forest road trails etc (NW Wash)?

Discussion in 'North West' started by Fightnfire, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Jun 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire [OP] Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    I'm looking for information on forest service trails that are accessible by vehicles? I know there are a ton of these roads in my area but I don't have specific information on them. I live north of Seattle and have spent a fair amount of time in the Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie natl forest.

Areas of specific interest: Are there maps available for forest service roads anywhere?

Mt. Pilchuck
    Green Mountain
    Darrington
    Rockport

4WD needed is ok as long as it's not extreme, mainly looking for nice day drives where the wife and kids and I could go enjoy some sightseeing and I could use the 4WD on occasion. I was able to find a couple of sites dedicated to hiking but very few mention any road conditions.

Thanks!

2. Jun 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    acidfly

acidfly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Kitsap, Wa
    Toytec 3" lift, 4.88 gears, ARB locker, Elite front/rear bumper with sliders, Fully LineXed, Custom bedrack
    Can't drive green mountain, all gated up. The area around hunter farms out past hoodsport is great. Look for the steel bridge your kids will like it. Lots of roads up there.

3. Jun 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    acidfly

acidfly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Kitsap, Wa
    Toytec 3" lift, 4.88 gears, ARB locker, Elite front/rear bumper with sliders, Fully LineXed, Custom bedrack
  4. Jun 26, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Washington
    There isn't too much detail on the trails for your area in there, but it at least gives you the trail names to google. Also after you run them you can create an account and post details and reviews for others. Also at some parks rangers have maps of the area showing ohv trails.

5. Jun 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire [OP] Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    We went to the top of Mt. Pilchuck yesterday, that was a nice drive. We couldn't get all the way to the top as a guy in a diesel F250 broke down trying to force his way through the snow. No finesse. Those people are irritating...

Then we drove down and went over barlow pass to Darrington. Really nice out there now.

Products Discussed in

To Top