Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

What college?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
spaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to behold

Army: 3/8 CAV 1CD
Name: Sam
spaulding88's Tacoma Gallery
What college?

I'm going to be starting college in the spring, the only thing is have no idea what school I should go to. Ive been reviewing them all, UW, WWU, CWU, WSU and Ive found allot of good information. Can I get some first hand opinions about these schools?

Thanks...

-Sam
Old 08-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Have you gotten accepted to any of these schools yet?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
spaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
Have you gotten accepted to any of these schools yet?
No I haven't been accepted yet, I'm actually still in the military over seas right now. I have contacted these universities already and with my military background and G.I. Bill its pretty much a guarantee that I will be accepted from what Ive been told so far.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What do you plan on majoring in? Which school is going to have the better programs for the degree you want to earn?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
My advise, go to community college for your first two years and then transfer to a four year to finish out your degree. You'll get the same degree as everyone else and save yourself roughly $30K. Thats what I would do if I could do it over again.

That being said, UW has the best rep and will look the best if you are planning on continuing to grad school.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
What do you plan on majoring in? Which school is going to have the better programs for the degree you want to earn?
I wanna major in nonrenewable resources or biology.... My end goal is to work for D&R, something like fish and game/ Park Ranger.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
My advise, go to community college for your first two years and then transfer to a four year to finish out your degree. You'll get the same degree as everyone else and save yourself roughly $30K. Thats what I would do if I could do it over again.

That being said, UW has the best rep and will look the best if you are planning on continuing to grad school.
GI bill....
Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
GI bill....
Yeah he posted that while I was writing my comment, so disregard.

That being said, does the GI bill pay for everything, or will they only cover, say $5K, of your tuition a year and you have to cover the rest?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
Yeah he posted that while I was writing my comment, so disregard.

That being said, does the GI bill pay for everything, or will they only cover, say $5K, of your tuition a year and you have to cover the rest?
I think it covers pretty much everything, but don't quote me on that..
Old 08-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
There is an annual cap for the Post 9-11. Going to a cheaper school isn't a bad idea if you used the regular GIBILL.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
There is an annual cap for the Post 9-11. Going to a cheaper school isn't a bad idea if you used the regular GIBILL.
The amount varies, I currently have in the ball park range of around 75k for college right now. On top of that, the military will pay for you living expenses every month while enrolled in full time school . It comes out to what a single E5 makes roughly.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
Stohrm is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Stohrm's Tacoma Gallery
For renewable resources and fish & wildlife the best option in the north west is Oregon State University. Great programs and tons of field work in the nearby area. Just my opinion but I love it here.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohrm View Post
For renewable resources and fish & wildlife the best option in the north west is Oregon State University. Great programs and tons of field work in the nearby area. Just my opinion but I love it here.
I would honestly rather go to OSU as my first choice, the only thing is I don't want to have to pay for out of state tuition.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #15
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
What ever you do, DO NOT go to UW. You'll hate every minute your there. I would personally only look at WSU. But of course I am VERY biased
Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Only lookin a universities? or community colleges too? I go to Northwest in Powell. Its a fantastic school and cost damn near nothing. I think its perfect for testing out what you want to do. Wont cost you anything then you can always transfer to a university. Hell i think thats a good idea with any community college.
Hey i go there too! That is ironic man i just started today! What kind of Taco do you drive? We will have to meet up sometime, I drive a silver 2011 access cab with a Sierra Club Sucks sticker in the rear window, I am currently staying in Cody hall but should be moving to Colter soon.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #17
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
westpoint
Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Washington State University! Graduated from there about a year ago. It has great programs for what your looking for and is just a great school all around.
Go Cougs!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #19
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
Washington State University! Graduated from there about a year ago. It has great programs for what your looking for and is just a great school all around.
Go Cougs!

Go COUGS!

You will NOT regret this decision. Pullman is a true college town. Everything there is related to the college. Without it, the town would be nothing but a few farmers.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Hey i go there too! That is ironic man i just started today! What kind of Taco do you drive? We will have to meet up sometime, I drive a silver 2011 access cab with a Sierra Club Sucks sticker in the rear window, I am currently staying in Cody hall but should be moving to Colter soon.
No shit! Im in the recording studio right now lol

I dont live on campus anymore, but im here a lot. I drive a 1st gen 96 taco. Its lifted 3'' and has a pretty deep exhaust on it. We should meet up sometime man!