Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon Logging Roads and Valsetz

Old 08-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
rdp5008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon Logging Roads and Valsetz

Hey guys. Did a day trip in the Tacoma a few months ago. I started in beautiful Newport, Oregon and drove inland before driving back to the coast via the abandoned town of Valsetz and some fun logging roads. Of course this was on the weekend when the roads are open to the public.

The best part was I didn't see anyone else! I took it pretty easy and cautious because I was all by my lonesome (I know...I know...). Just felt like a drive.

2010 Tacoma Regular Cab, SR5, 4x4, 5-speed manual, Timberland Mica
Old 08-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Where is that? Is that along hwy 34?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up by Siletz after going through old Valsetz and getting lost on logging roads. I started west of Dallas. Mostly gravel and dirt roads. Nothing technical unless you wanted it.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp5008 View Post
Why did you take a picture of just the grass and trees with the broken branch? Shoulda had your truck in it. Scenery?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Why did you take a picture of just the grass and trees with the broken branch? Shoulda had your truck in it. Scenery?

x2
Old 08-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #6
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
It's like a wild animal hiding in the woods. I came across it and then it jumped out at me from behind the branch. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I went out to Valsetz via 223, but it was pretty tame. I was kinda sad since it looked like such a promising area. If there's something more technical out there, I'd love to know
Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
I went out to Valsetz via 223, but it was pretty tame. I was kinda sad since it looked like such a promising area. If there's something more technical out there, I'd love to know
It looked like there was a lot to explore but I only had the day and didn't venture off too far on any of the side trails. I'm sure there are some more technical areas but I have no idea where those might be.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It looked like there was a lot to explore but I only had the day and didn't venture off too far on any of the side trails. I'm sure there are some more technical areas but I have no idea where those might be.
Yeah, that's my story too. Some days you find it, other days you go for miles and find nothing more but some nice views and it's time to head home since the GPS and road atlas gave up a few miles back.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
mountainkid is on a distinguished road

Name: seth
mountainkid's Tacoma Gallery
i just moved up to oregon do you need a permit to run them on the weekends? cool pics
Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

I don't think you need any permits to run in this area on weekends.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #13
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's like a wild animal hiding in the woods. I came across it and then it jumped out at me from behind the branch. Scared the crap out of me.
Lol nice!! Sorry forgot I posted in here..