Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Wyoming meet!!!11

Old 08-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Wyoming meet!!!11 Updated first post!

October 30th

Pyroskier and I are going wheeling Sunday the 30th if anyone wants to come. If weather/roads are decent, I know a good trail that runs behind the peaks in the Snowies. If not, we're gonna run some trails off of Happy Jack/Vedauwoo.

If we head for the Snowies we can meet at 9am in front of the Fire Station located on the west end of Laramie as soon as you turn onto WYO130.

If we go to Vedauwoo, meet at the Visitor's Center off of the exit for Happy Jack.

-------------------------

Another update.

After looking at some videos of Shoshone Lake Road, we decided to switch it up and it's probably very doable for stock trucks and the length of the trail is more suited for Saturday. Looks like it'll be an entertaining trail.
Christina Lake on Sunday. Myself and Blackdawg are gonna meet up in Lander and hunt for a campsite and then return to town to round up anyone else who might be coming. Better to meet up in Lander since there's no cell service where we are headed and we're unsure of the actual camp location.

Meet in the McDonald's lot on the corner of 789 (coming from Riverton) and Main St./287... can't miss it.

--------------------------
October 7th - 9th in Lander

I looked around and made some calls. Looks like Lander is the best bet for trails and camping and most importantly, is about as 'centrally' located as it gets. I picked the date of Oct. 7th -9th to give you guys as much notice as possible.

I have a contact in the area who runs a local 4x4 club who offered to "show us around" since it doesn't seem anyone here has run any of the trails in the area. He also runs a camping/RV park in Lander in the link below. I'm gonna call the BLM and try to get some info on camping in the area for groups, unless everyone would prefer to stay in Lander.

I'll get there Friday evening and we can wait until mid-morning/noonish to hit the trails so we can make sure everyone gets to Lander in a reasonable amount of time. It was suggested that we run the trail to Christina Lake since stock trucks can make it through. On Sunday we'll run another (undertermined) trail unless we want to break off into groups and have one run Shoshone Lake Road if anyone else has sliders. If anyone wants to pitch in for BBQing Saturday night, let me know.

I'm also attaching two maps of the area.

Camping/RV park
http://www.sleepingbearrvpark.com/rvpark.html

Maps
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5262916.pdf

http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/ORV/map...ne%20south.pdf

Now lets see if anyone shows up!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

I think it's time we started a thread for what I think will be our first TW Wyoming meet!

I'm up for anything, seems there are a few members in Laramie so it was suggested that we shoot some pool and get some drinks locally. But if we can get enough people on board we should definitely do some camping/wheeling somewhere.

Let's find out who's interested and post up some some ideas for the meet, as well as a time and location.

Ready... go!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be in the Jackson area Sept 23-25
Old 08-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
well...you have 2 Montanans and yourself so far

I've planned a few meets...if you want some pointers just let me know I would start by adding a hyperlink to this thread in your sig to get some traffic in here.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, we're off to a good start then I guess.

Good idea, Ill do that. I've already sent this thread to several members via PM. Looking forward to this!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for a meet around Laramie. Seems like most of the TW wyoming members are going to UW
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #7

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I'm in for a meet around Laramie. Seems like most of the TW wyoming members are going to UW
We can always do it the arfcom way and get both. A local meet for those of us in Laramie and somewhere else for some camping/wheeling. Whatever works.

When would you like to do a local meet?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man... I should start having a few days off here and there. I'm in green river/rock springs; got friends in Laramie though. Even if it's just shootin shit in Laramie that'd be cool. Maybe a cruise to vedauwoo?? Not sure if there's much out there though.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #10

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
Cool man... I should start having a few days off here and there. I'm in green river/rock springs; got friends in Laramie though. Even if it's just shootin shit in Laramie that'd be cool. Maybe a cruise to vedauwoo?? Not sure if there's much out there though.

I checked out Vedauwoo a few weeks ago. There's a shitload of gravel roads and camping there but not much else. I was up in the Snowies this morning checking it out. The trails are more interesting but not anything a stock truck couldn't do that I've seen so far. I'm gonna head out there again in the morning.

Saw these on traildamage.com, I think I'll check them out while I'm at it.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=249

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=248
Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #11

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
Hit up the frolf course and the bike trails at Teton....
meh...not my thing. I hike and do photography. Just got to figure out where to hike to this time! My goal is to hike to all of the lakes in Grand Teton. And late September is nice down there for fall colors in the trees and for spotting moose - saw 14 in one day last year!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I checked out Vedauwoo a few weeks ago. There's a shitload of gravel roads and camping there but not much else. I was up in the Snowies this morning checking it out. The trails are more interesting but not anything a stock truck couldn't do that I've seen so far. I'm gonna head out there again in the morning.

Saw these on traildamage.com, I think I'll check them out while I'm at it.
Nice. Looks like a nice area. I've been working out northeast of baggs and have to stare at those mountains all day while getting thrown around in my company dodge ram. It's wearin me down haha.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #14
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet but now that school is back up only time I'd be free is the weekend. PS Im in casper. If there's any chance anyone else is...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
im game just depends on time and place
Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #20
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
im game just depends on time and place
You really need to show up at a meet sometime. I would love to see all the stuff you've done to that truck!