Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

OR: what would it take for me to obtain an

Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
OR: what would it take for me to obtain an

OREGON State ID card?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Proof of residency and I.D. I believe
Old 08-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Jarhead57 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Combat Engineer 4th Engineer Battalion - 1st Marine Division
Name: Les
Jarhead57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
OREGON State ID card?
Yup...have to prove you live here.....utility bills, etc.....
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead57 View Post
Yup...have to prove you live here.....utility bills, etc.....
for how long would i have to have lived there? and could i say i've been living with a friend or girlfriend for x amount of time and use their utility bill? if so with or without them present?

thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Proof of residency and I.D. I believe
another form of ID like a birth cert? or SS card?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Jarhead57 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Combat Engineer 4th Engineer Battalion - 1st Marine Division
Name: Les
Jarhead57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for how long would i have to have lived there? and could i say i've been living with a friend or girlfriend for x amount of time and use their utility bill? if so with or without them present?

thanks!
I had to sign a form saying my wife lived with me here, (she had to be there) I had to even show a copy of my mortgage to prove I lived here...( We waited about 3 months ) before getting our license changed. They have gotten real tough on that here. I don't believe they will accept utility bills in anothers name...More below:

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/driverid/residency.shtml

To be eligible for Oregon vehicle registration or to obtain an Oregon Driver License, ID Card, or Instruction Permit, you must be a resident of or domiciled in Oregon (see ORS 803.355).

To be domiciled in Oregon, a person's primary home is in Oregon and the person intends to remain in Oregon or, if absent, to return. If a person's home has never been in Oregon, they cannot be domiciled.

Note: Simply owning property in Oregon doesn't necessarily mean that you are domiciled in Oregon.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
another form of ID like a birth cert? or SS card?
The link Jarhead57 should answer any question(s) you have.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Why, is my question? Don't want to pay California sales tax anymore?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Why, is my question? Don't want to pay California sales tax anymore?
cause california sucks. i determined that OR is the perfect state.

eventually i want to move to OR in the next 10-15 years, sooner if possible.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I don't believe its possible till you have an address and get mail within the state. I had to have my mom sign that I lived in our summer house on the coast (which I did) before I could get my Drivers License.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
EdubSam has a spectacular aura aboutEdubSam has a spectacular aura about
Name: Sam
EdubSam's Tacoma Gallery
Washington is the superior state, just drive right through Oregon.

If you aren't gonna move for a decade, don't waste your time. They will figure it out. That's fraud. No bueno. If you want to move, move. You're gonna have to tough it out until then.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdubSam View Post
why i think OR is the perfect state for me that is.

- weather, ca is too hot for me
- terrain, i love the outdoors (forest like) and OR has a coast line too
- people who run the state (not as stupid as the one's in CA)
- close to home ( if/when i move i would like to move to southern OR)
- people, i assume there isn't as many illegals since it's further from the boarder
i've got a few more to list but it's dinner time so... (:
Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #13

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

- people, i assume there isn't as many illegals since it's further from the boarder

Never assume. Our politicians are just as bad. We just don't have the debt that California has.

Also, there are A LOT of farms up here. Farms bring migrant workers. You would be surprised how bad our immigation rate it.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
EdubSam's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, Oregon and Washington probably have more illegals per capita that Cali. They follow farms and such, so they move north where the work is. I can't speak for Oregon too much, but in the Columbia basin of Washington, Hispanics, illegal or not, are about 50% of the population.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #15

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To be honest, Oregon and Washington probably have more illegals per capita that Cali. They follow farms and such, so they move north where the work is. I can't speak for Oregon too much, but in the Columbia basin of Washington, Hispanics, illegal or not, are about 50% of the population.
Especially in the Tri Cities
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #16
EdubSam's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I was referring to. East pasco. Haha
Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #17

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I was referring to. East pasco. Haha
Apple and cherry orchards bring the workers
Old 11-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #18
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Couldn't pay me enough to live in Washington.... certainly not in the lower half of the state, and haven't spent enough time in the upper parts, so I make my judgement of the upper half based on the Vancouver area - sorry Seattle.

Quote:

Free Dictionary dot com

board·er 1 (bôrdr, br-)
n.One who boards, especially:a. One who pays a stipulated sum in return for regular meals or for meals and lodging.
b. One who goes on board a vessel as part of an assault or military action: repel all boarders.

board·er 2 (bôrdr, br-)
n. Sports A person who rides a board, such as a snowboard or surfboard, as a sport

You mean border

bor·der (bôrdr)n.1. A part that forms the outer edge of something.
2. A decorative strip around the edge of something, such as fabric.
3. A strip of ground, as at the edge of a garden or walk, in which ornamental plants or shrubs are planted.
4. The line or frontier area separating political divisions or geographic regions; a boundary.

v. bor·dered, bor·der·ing, bor·ders
v.tr.1. To put a border on.
2. To lie along or adjacent to the border of: Canada borders the United States.

v.intr.1. To lie adjacent to another: The United States borders on Canada.
2. To be almost like another in character: an act that borders on heroism.

Couldn't help myself.... saw someone else correct some other person earlier.