Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Idaho Campfire BS thread in the PNW

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #38241
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Sunce you guys are so good at this can you explain how I'm supposed to do it?
Um well use the cut off diagram posted or you can cut two 45 deg cuts. Plus your building a rack bud, Not a roll cage. Just fill the gaps and grind smooth. Your over thinking this and you can get a tube mother from harbor freight for like 30-50 bucks or something like that.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #38242
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
im not saying it is bad but technology is moving forward. i have computability issues these days.

Also, i got a wedding for a good friend tomorrow that i am really excited for them. But it is a catholic mass wedding so that in itself has me like "FUUCCCK" it is worse than the DMV. i got a whole talk on how to dress, things to do etc etc. am i out of line to feel like i am showing up there to support my friends in their big moment, but dont feel like having to "act" in a way that is "by the church"? what do you guys think?
Speaking as one born and raised catholic... I am still recovering. And its been a looooooong time since I got away from that crap. That shit fucks your head up.

My advice is, if you don't feel you can jump thru their hoops, then don't. Do what you want to do because you want to.

Ben, click the apple symbol in the upper left corner of you desktop. From the menu, select About this Mac. What does it read? OS X 10.x.x?? Does the CPU line say Intel in it?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #38244
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Speaking as one born and raised catholic... I am still recovering. And its been a looooooong time since I got away from that crap. That shit fucks your head up.

My advice is, if you don't feel you can jump thru their hoops, then don't. Do what you want to do because you want to.

Ben, click the apple symbol in the upper left corner of you desktop. From the menu, select About this Mac. What does it read? OS X 10.x.x?? Does the CPU line say Intel in it?
The funny thing is the groom, my friend gets it. the bride though is one of those over dramatica bridezillas. she got quite loud about it last night. i said its jeans and a button up, or slacks and a t shirt she was none to happy. we got a good laugh about it. borrowing some pants so i wont run through their drills, but ill look nice

Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #38246
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The funny thing is the groom, my friend gets it. the bride though is one of those over dramatica bridezillas. she got quite loud about it last night. i said its jeans and a button up, or slacks and a t shirt she was none to happy. we got a good laugh about it. borrowing some pants so i wont run through their drills, but ill look nice

Not that old. You said 4 or 5 years old.

Is possible to upgrade it to 10.7, Lion, or even 10.8, Mountain Lion but shouldn't be necessary. And 4 GB of RAM should be plenty for most situations.

When was the last time you did a simple reboot. You told me you never shut your Mac down. A reboot will release all the items currently using RAM addresses. Your slowness could be all system functions are using a page file to store temp data. Page file is slow, uses hard drive space.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #38247
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Is possible to upgrade it to 10.7, Lion, or even 10.8, Mountain Lion but shouldn't be necessary. And 4 GB of RAM should be plenty for most situations.

When was the last time you did a simple reboot. You told me you never shut your Mac down. A reboot will release all the items currently using RAM addresses. Your slowness could be all system functions are using a page file to store temp data. Page file is slow, uses hard drive space.
Been shutting it down since our trip. i get applications crashing more often than they used too. watching videos online is sometimes fine, other times it is impossible to watch. it just doesnt seem to be like it was.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #38248
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Been shutting it down since our trip. i get applications crashing more often than they used too. watching videos online is sometimes fine, other times it is impossible to watch. it just doesnt seem to be like it was.
Ha ha I am running the exact same model as you are. Bought it back in early 2009. I do a full wipe on the hard drive every so often. Takes a while to do but it helps clean it up. All my stuff is backed up on my external so it is just apps to install. Mine is starting to act weird too and probably gonna end up reinstalling again soon
Old 06-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #38249
Master Blaster

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I was going to upgrade to 10.7 but I guess it doesn't run very smooth on the model I have. Might give it a go though. I guess 10.9 Mavericks is suppose to e pretty sweet though. Might just up to that but then I have to install 10.7 and 10.8. Dam Apple!!! It I a love hate relationship
Old 06-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #38250
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkd13 View Post
Ha ha I am running the exact same model as you are. Bought it back in early 2009. I do a full wipe on the hard drive every so often. Takes a while to do but it helps clean it up. All my stuff is backed up on my external so it is just apps to install. Mine is starting to act weird too and probably gonna end up reinstalling again soon
I need to get an external. i think i will back my photos and music up at the parents house on their external and do a cleaning reboot then.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #38251

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkd13 View Post
I was going to upgrade to 10.7 but I guess it doesn't run very smooth on the model I have. Might give it a go though. I guess 10.9 Mavericks is suppose to e pretty sweet though. Might just up to that but then I have to install 10.7 and 10.8. Dam Apple!!! It I a love hate relationship
They are calling the next one Mavericks? What?? No feline theme??
Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #38252

Quote:
I need to get an external. i think i will back my photos and music up at the parents house on their external and do a cleaning reboot then.
Get yourself one of these. They are awesome. I have several 500GB 7200 Seagate HHDs. I'll give you one to put into the enclosue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817173042

This is what I do for backup. When the drive gets full of photos, just swap out the drive.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #38253
Master Blaster

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are calling the next one Mavericks? What?? No feline theme??
Yep Tim Cook is messing it all up. We never got any of the good ones like sphinx or Bengal. Hell I would have guessed this one was gonna be called "Feral" lol
Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #38255
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Mark. One suggestion from me. Get some flap discs. You're never gonna make anything that looks good using grinding wheels.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #38256
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Mark another idea for notching!!! Get everything cut to length and go visit a shop, ive done that in the past and works out pretty cheap and usually much faster only an hours labor for them at most as well
Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #38257
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Mark. One suggestion from me. Get some flap discs. You're never gonna make anything that looks good using grinding wheels.
ya I know. I should have gotten some different disks for the grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
Mark another idea for notching!!! Get everything cut to length and go visit a shop, ive done that in the past and works out pretty cheap and usually much faster only an hours labor for them at most as well
Thought about that too. But if anything was off by a little bit I would be back grinding anyway.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #38258
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
ya I know. I should have gotten some different disks for the grinder

Thought about that too. But if anything was off by a little bit I would be back grinding anyway.

theres also the option of renting a notcher too??? I know they rent them out near my place
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #38259
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread