Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Idaho Campfire BS thread in the PNW

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #55981
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
ok so that was fucking weird. some how last night when i was pulling a plug i accidentally disconnected the wire on the middle cylinder, pass side, that connects to the coil. took me a few to figure out why it was running on 5 cylinders. when i saw the arcing cable i put two and two together. no damage done but buttoned it up and ill be damned the thing is running smoother than before now. i wonder how ling that was loose and not making a good connection fuck me right?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #55982
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
ok so that was fucking weird. some how last night when i was pulling a plug i accidentally disconnected the wire on the middle cylinder, pass side, that connects to the coil. took me a few to figure out why it was running on 5 cylinders. when i saw the arcing cable i put two and two together. no damage done but buttoned it up and ill be damned the thing is running smoother than before now. i wonder how ling that was loose and not making a good connection fuck me right?
The root of your 2 year knock maybe?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #55983
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
The root of your 2 year knock maybe?
no. this is independent. the intermediate nature of the knock rules out a lot of things luckily. but it runs smoother so there is that. imma borrow a UG and see if even though it hasnt thrown a code, there might be one pending.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #55985
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Yesh!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #55987
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
get out, you never post in here. you cant just show up randomly for one picture then leave again
That's exactly what I am going to do. Link to a build...or more pics?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 PM   #55989
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
multiple orgasms were had

impressive build no doubt.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #55991
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post
yeah im kinda going for the same thing only mine will be taller.
Low and wide = way better
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #55992
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
Low and wide = way better
Until you hit a bump going 30mph haha

Just depends on how you want to use it.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #55993
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Until you hit a bump going 30mph haha

Just depends on how you want to use it.
I just think if your going sas, you would want to stay low and maintain as much droop as possible. Uptravel isnt really necessary. A good shock or coil setup will handle bumps just fine... Dont need to be jacked up 4' in the air to handle bumps. Also sas inst meant for hauling ass over bumps
Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #55994
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I just think if your going sas, you would want to stay low and maintain as much droop as possible. Uptravel isnt really necessary. A good shock or coil setup will handle bumps just fine... Dont need to be jacked up 4' in the air to handle bumps. Also sas inst meant for hauling ass over bumps
Like I said, it is dependent on how you plan to use it. Your statement makes sense if it's strictly a rock crawler.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #55995
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Like I said, it is dependent on how you plan to use it. Your statement makes sense if it's strictly a rock crawler.
What would be the benefit from a really tall solid axle setup?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #55996

Quote:
What would be the benefit from a really tall solid axle setup?
I never said that a really tall axle setup is what I'd do.

I would just prefer something taller than the one pictured so I can drive it on the highway.

Just depends on what you want to use it for.

Low and wide works great for rack crawling buggies and such.

slightly taller to allow for more uptravel would be better for a highway capable rig.

Something really tall would be great for mudding.

Back to my original statement again, just depends on what you plan to use it for. There is not ultimate setup that works best for everything.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #55999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Tall will drive worse on the hwy. Higher COG means horrible turning especially at higher speeds...
I guess our definitions on tall are different. I'm not talking about something huge. Just something with a little more uptravel than the truck pictured...

Really though, for that truck I'd just run smaller tires to allow more room and be done with it.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #56000
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Tall will drive worse on the hwy. Higher COG means horrible turning especially at higher speeds...
I think he was referring to having more than a couple inches of up travel so you don't hit the bump stops every time there is a bump in the road. Though with that much sidewall your tires should soak up a lot of the bumps anyway.

Konsta wants to run a 30" frame height on 44's. Basically max ground clearance so he doesn't have issue climbing ledges and clearing big ass rocks.

Envision something like this but with much bigger rocks or like say the waterfall at the end of Helldorado.

He also wants a lot of clearance for snow wheeling as well. I think he likes snow wheeling more than rock crawling. haha Probably throw some mudding in there as well until he gets his other rig built.

Products Discussed in this Thread