1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stevens Pass Bike Park Opening 10/1

Discussion in 'North West' started by CHPTR11, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    CHPTR11

CHPTR11 [OP] Team Impulse Red

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma
    OME, Hankook, ARB, SCS
    Not sure if there's many mountain bikers in here, but the bike park @ Stevens Pass is opening next weekend. I'll be up there on Sat if anyone wants to meet up.

The Stevens Pass Bike Park will open for the public on October 1st & 2nd, 2011! Mark your calenders and tune up your bikes because it is almost time to get in on the ground floor of Washington's 1st lift-accessed bike park!

Come join us for an epic weekend of riding on the newest trails in the state. Keep in mind this is a soft opening of the park: the trails are young, there is still construction underway, and it's been dry so the trails are bit dusty. Cross "Attend the historic opening of the Stevens Pass Bike Park" off your bucket list with us on October 1st & 2nd.

OPERATIONS SCHEDULE & DETAILS:
    We will be open from 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday, October 1st-2nd.
    Ticket pricing: $20 per day (tax included!)
    There will be no retail or rental operations and limited food service (hamburgers, bottled beverages, etc.)

-Stevens Pass Bike ParkHere's a link with all the info:
    http://www.stevensbikepark.com/blog/post/000000037

2. Sep 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Looks rad! I just got home Sunday from 3 days of riding Moab and 1 day riding 18 Rd at Fruita Co. Awesome, incredible, can't wait to go back. Drove by a park being built in Frisco Co and it looked amazing. It appeared to have a large escaltor type setup to shuttle riders uphill to the run-in.

Good luck with your grand opening! I hope everything goes well and there is plenty of interest. God knows I envy those who live near great trail

3. Sep 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    damn that looks fun as hell. Wish i was close by!

4. Nov 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    CHPTR11, did you end up riding Stevens opening weekend? I was all set to go and my g/f ended up having to bail because of an eye issue, so I didn't make it up either. If you did, how was it?? I'm looking forward to riding it next year.

5. Nov 20, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    CHPTR11

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma
    OME, Hankook, ARB, SCS
    Yeah I made it up, it was a lot of fun, but super muddy. The trails were just too fresh for the amount of rain they received so it just kinda turned into a mud pit.

I usually ride Duthie so it was nice to have a run that lasted more than 45 seconds:rolleyes:

Should be a blast next year though, as they are planning on having another run built by the end of the season.

6. Nov 20, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    $20 per day? I used to ski all day up there for half of that. Anyone know what it costs to ski up there now?

7. Nov 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    CHPTR11

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma
    OME, Hankook, ARB, SCS
    When? 30 years ago?:laugh:

Its like $60 for a full day ticket.

8. Nov 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Well... I guess that makes sense concidering the price of a gallon of gas was 60 cents. We skied all day for $12 and night skiing was $9. I skied 25 areas throughout the west and rockies back then and the highest was Vail at $40 (and I thought that was expensive.) I see alot of those areas are up around $100...when you factor in the price of gas it's kinda hard to go up twice a week nowdays! :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top