Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Stevens Pass Bike Park Opening 10/1

Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Stevens Pass Bike Park Opening 10/1

Not sure if there's many mountain bikers in here, but the bike park @ Stevens Pass is opening next weekend. I'll be up there on Sat if anyone wants to meet up.

The Stevens Pass Bike Park will open for the public on October 1st & 2nd, 2011! Mark your calenders and tune up your bikes because it is almost time to get in on the ground floor of Washington's 1st lift-accessed bike park!

Come join us for an epic weekend of riding on the newest trails in the state. Keep in mind this is a soft opening of the park: the trails are young, there is still construction underway, and it's been dry so the trails are bit dusty. Cross "Attend the historic opening of the Stevens Pass Bike Park" off your bucket list with us on October 1st & 2nd.

OPERATIONS SCHEDULE & DETAILS:
We will be open from 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday, October 1st-2nd.
Ticket pricing: $20 per day (tax included!)
There will be no retail or rental operations and limited food service (hamburgers, bottled beverages, etc.)

-Stevens Pass Bike ParkHere's a link with all the info:
http://www.stevensbikepark.com/blog/post/000000037
Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Looks rad! I just got home Sunday from 3 days of riding Moab and 1 day riding 18 Rd at Fruita Co. Awesome, incredible, can't wait to go back. Drove by a park being built in Frisco Co and it looked amazing. It appeared to have a large escaltor type setup to shuttle riders uphill to the run-in.

Good luck with your grand opening! I hope everything goes well and there is plenty of interest. God knows I envy those who live near great trail
Old 11-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
CHPTR11, did you end up riding Stevens opening weekend? I was all set to go and my g/f ended up having to bail because of an eye issue, so I didn't make it up either. If you did, how was it?? I'm looking forward to riding it next year.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
CHPTR11, did you end up riding Stevens opening weekend? I was all set to go and my g/f ended up having to bail because of an eye issue, so I didn't make it up either. If you did, how was it?? I'm looking forward to riding it next year.
Yeah I made it up, it was a lot of fun, but super muddy. The trails were just too fresh for the amount of rain they received so it just kinda turned into a mud pit.

I usually ride Duthie so it was nice to have a run that lasted more than 45 seconds

Should be a blast next year though, as they are planning on having another run built by the end of the season.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
$20 per day? I used to ski all day up there for half of that. Anyone know what it costs to ski up there now?
When? 30 years ago?

Its like $60 for a full day ticket.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
When? 30 years ago?

Its like $60 for a full day ticket.
Well... I guess that makes sense concidering the price of a gallon of gas was 60 cents. We skied all day for $12 and night skiing was $9. I skied 25 areas throughout the west and rockies back then and the highest was Vail at $40 (and I thought that was expensive.) I see alot of those areas are up around $100...when you factor in the price of gas it's kinda hard to go up twice a week nowdays!