Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Where can I get my truck dirty?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
St. Swervus's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I get my truck dirty?

I live in the South Everett area (Mill Creek). Looking for somewhere to do a little off roading. My truck is an '09 DBLCBSB TRD Sport. Lifted 3 inches.

I'm looking for some logging road type stuff close by. I'm familiar with most of the Snoqualmie Pass stuff but not the Stevens Pass area. I'd like to get off road and get it dirty but not looking to break anything or go nutty. I'm a newbie and I want to ease in to this stuff. Also don't want to break my new truck.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/insight.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Swervus View Post
I live in the South Everett area (Mill Creek). Looking for somewhere to do a little off roading. My truck is an '09 DBLCBSB TRD Sport. Lifted 3 inches.

I'm looking for some logging road type stuff close by. I'm familiar with most of the Snoqualmie Pass stuff but not the Stevens Pass area. I'd like to get off road and get it dirty but not looking to break anything or go nutty. I'm a newbie and I want to ease in to this stuff. Also don't want to break my new truck.

Have you ever been out to the Granite Falls area. Its west of Marysville. Take the Mountain Loop Highway that runs north out of Granite Falls. It is a beautiful drive through the mountains. Starts out paved but soon turns to dirt. There will be a lot of branch off FS roads along the way that you can explore.

The loop ends on the outskirts of Darrington. You can then head back to I5 from there.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Walker Valley up in Mt. Vernon...stay on the wider trails/roads--decent place to off-road, we ride our quads out there--OLY
Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #5
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Good call. I searched but only for NW trails. Should've known there would be a larger site.

I'm familiar with Mt. Loop because I ride my Ducati up that road but have always stopped at the gravel. Mt. Vernon sounds intriguing. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
This is Washington specific:

http://www.pnw4wda.org/trails/washington/index.htm
Old 09-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
Thanks man. Really helpful. For an easy but scenic trip y'all should go to the top of Snoqualmie Pass, take the exit for Lk. Kachees. Circle back around and follow the signs for Lost Lake. Gorgeous place. You can get a car up there but it's way more fun in a truck.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man. Really helpful. For an easy but scenic trip y'all should go to the top of Snoqualmie Pass, take the exit for Lk. Kachees. Circle back around and follow the signs for Lost Lake. Gorgeous place. You can get a car up there but it's way more fun in a truck.
Kachess or Keechelus?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
Kachess or Keechelus?
Sorry. Keechelus. The one at the top of the pass. If you get off there you circle back around to the west around the lake. Good roads up there. Off to the right of I-90 if you're heading east.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #10
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Are these place prerunner suitable?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Are these place prerunner suitable?
Yep. Unless it's super muddy. But even then they are gravel roads. I'm going to the MT. Loop scenic Byway tomorrow:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...Forest-%20Home

Hoping to get good and dirty. Taking my wife and our little girls for a little road trip. Good chamce to engage the 4x4 for a stretch too.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Hey dude, I just got stationed at Fort Lewis and I'm looking to do some wheeling here lol but I have no idea where to start. If you are looking for a wheeling buddy my truck is pretty much set up like yours and it sounds like we got the same idea. Just hit me up dude and we can get out there.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. Unless it's super muddy. But even then they are gravel roads. I'm going to the MT. Loop scenic Byway tomorrow:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...Forest-%20Home

Hoping to get good and dirty. Taking my wife and our little girls for a little road trip. Good chamce to engage the 4x4 for a stretch too.
Nice. Have fun
Old 10-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #14

Should be good. I'll post some pics tomorrow or the next day.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
Ozziwald is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Ozziwald's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navysealboy93 View Post
Hey dude, I just got stationed at Fort Lewis and I'm looking to do some wheeling here lol but I have no idea where to start. If you are looking for a wheeling buddy my truck is pretty much set up like yours and it sounds like we got the same idea. Just hit me up dude and we can get out there.
I'd be down too. I hear Evan's Creek is nice. It's out past Wilkeson and Carbonado. Also, driving the 70 road from Greenwater to the Naches is fun. It's more just logging roads but gets fun going fast!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #16
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OLYMPIC VIEW" View Post
Walker Valley up in Mt. Vernon...stay on the wider trails/roads--decent place to off-road, we ride our quads out there--OLY
'This is a good place! When I was stationed in Whidbey I would go up there!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by navysealboy93 View Post
We should meet in the middle sometime. I'm usually free on the weekends. I'm jealous of the ARB bumper. Trying to justify getting one for my truck. And thanks for serving. I grew up in a military family(AF). My Dad's last station was McChord. Be safe.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #18

This is starting to sound like a meet-up. Hell Yeah!!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #19
Ozziwald is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Ozziwald's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is starting to sound like a meet-up. Hell Yeah!!
As long as its after next weekend when I install my lift!!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #20
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Ya'll are close! I can come up on a weekend!