Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

HELLO SEATTLE!

Old 10-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
HELLO SEATTLE!

Sooooo, I blew into town this morning, seen plenty of Tacomas, any TW members up here? Any info on wheeling? I may stay here a couple of days. I'm staying at a motor inn way out on Aurora, gonna drive dack down and take the ferry out and ride my MTB around bainbridge island. I'll check for posts later.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Sooooo, I blew into town this morning, seen plenty of Tacomas, any TW members up here? Any info on wheeling? I may stay here a couple of days. I'm staying at a motor inn way out on Aurora, gonna drive dack down and take the ferry out and ride my MTB around bainbridge island. I'll check for posts later.
The closest place to wheel in the area is Tahuya. You can check out the map from this site.
http://www.dnr.wa.gov/AboutDNR/Manag...te_forest.aspx
Nothing planned in the area this weekend but there is a run planned next weekend east of Seattle for an overnight trip.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Seattle acdronin!

Be sure to stop in Bainbridge Island Cycle for local info in the trails. The owner (Tom) is a really nice guy and has a sweet shop. You could also try Duthie Hill, Banner Forest, or Tolt MacDonald Park for good nearby MTB riding.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
Welcome to Seattle acdronin!

Be sure to stop in Bainbridge Island Cycle for local info in the trails. The owner (Tom) is a really nice guy and has a sweet shop. You could also try Duthie Hill, Banner Forest, or Tolt MacDonald Park for good nearby MTB riding.
Rockin, cool, I will, the weather is just like SF, just like home, any idea how late that ferry runs?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Banned
I already drank like a gallon of coffee, trying to reset my sleep pattern that I turned upside down to get up here.

BTW, Wash Highway Patrol, don't fuck around, they LOVE speedtraps and really LOVE out of state folks, not me, but everyone they had was from out of state
Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Banned
maybe i should buy a jacket vest and a flannel to blend in?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
WSF info: http://www.wsdot.com/ferries/schedule/Default.aspx

Yup- flannel and a vest. Not sure why everybody is going for the ghey urban logger thing.
Those ferries run way late, that's cool, gonna head out to the island to ride in a bit, had breakfast at Beth's out on Aurora, cool place. Like how the morning news used Judas Priest for bumper music this morning. The weather girl needs to be a lot cuter, ours in the SF bay are hot. The weather looks awesome today. So they're gonna shut down the viaduct? Couldn't they come up with a better name than Viaductalyspe? Goofy.

I like this city.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The ferries around here are great - unless you have a tall rig. My Eurovan with a Thule box costs double because it is too tall. They also apply that BS to bikes on a roof rack. Lame.

Beth's is a classic - good call. The weather is gonna be great today.

Cheap tasty mexi food and stiff margaritas can be had at El Chupacabra. The jukebox there is great.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #10
Banned
Thanks Andrew for the tips and Seattle is cool, loads of pretty women, chatted up a few here and there. I ran some trails last night to see how well my new MTB lights held up out on Bainbridge, it got cold but i had a blast. I'm loading out and heading south to Mt, St. Helens, if I can find a cheap motel around there I may stay and run some MTB trails tomorrow. Your town is cool, I will be back.