Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon Dunes DBLCB LB Fun

Old 10-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon Dunes DBLCB LB Fun

I have friends in Florence and this year I got my OHV permit and took my truck out to the Dunes, granted, I didn't try to run the big dunes further inland but still had plenty of fun on the flats and on the sea wall dunes and the beach. Some of the ATV guys were looking at me like I was a nut running the sea wall sideways a 4500 rpm, turns out LB DBLCB is not really the best thing to run dunes as she's got a fat ass but it was a blast none the less.

Flew up the steep side of the sea wall dune and landed in this rut on the saddle, she was stuck and high sided, didn't want to get laughed at by the locals so ten minutes with a shovel got her out.

If it is possible to 'frolic' in the waves with a truck, i did it.

Top of the sea wall dune
Old 10-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
You would have had a lot more fun going inland. The south jetty is by far the best place to hit the sand on the west coast.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised the Eco nuts let you even do that in your state.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I go to florence every summer. Here are a few pics.

Sand Lake

Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
What does that sign that says "stop" on it say?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
What does that sign that says "stop" on it say?
That's where ohv access is off limits. If it has a motor it cannot pass the sign. Basically theirs a boarder all around the south jetty to keep you in bounds and out of trouble.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh cool, just wondering.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
WTF? I wanna go! Let's make a meet outta this! I'm ready!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #9

Yeah, dunes sound fun. No rocks to destroy CV axles or body parts.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Sand will snap your CV's 100,000 time's easier then a little rock. Sand will fuck your diff's too. Rocks just put creases in bumpers and holes in oil pans.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
UG legend wannabe

Florence is pretty fun...if you have a bike/quad. With a truck its so so because you can only stay in the open. Which sucks because most of the shoots are to small for a truck. Those are the funest thing to do.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #12
Bring a spare CV ($65 from Napa) and we can change it out on the trail in an hr...
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Sand will snap your CV's 100,000 time's easier then a little rock. Sand will fuck your diff's too. Rocks just put creases in bumpers and holes in oil pans.

Still no rocks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Bring a spare CV ($65 from Napa) and we can change it out on the trail in an hr...
Only $65? I didn't realize they were so cheap.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #14
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yep, no rocks, and i did go inland but i didn't want to mess up anything too bad, I have airbags in the back and i didn't want to tear them up because i don't have the axles strapped. I didn't try the taller dunes, i felt that the snow tires i have weren't quite up to snuff and i did feel like airing down more than i already did. The flats were fun, not often you get to do 60 mph power slides in a truck. Overall, south jetty is a blast, i will be back!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
I'm surprised the Eco nuts let you even do that in your state.
Actually, Oregon is much more sensible than Cali, i know of no place in Cali where you can do this.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #16
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Could you see over the scoop ?

or driving by braille ?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Could you see over the scoop ?

or driving by braille ?
uh there's not much to feel in sand oz so no braille
Old 11-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #18
Banned
Hey Oz, I thought you were still ignoring me? What are you doing posting on my thread bro?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Hey Oz, I thought you were still ignoring me? What are you doing posting on my thread bro?
Lol

That's so last month
Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #20
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually Florence was the first place I snapped a CV. This was several years ago.