Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Shops or vendors in seattle area ?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
2 crown j is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
2 crown j's Tacoma Gallery
Shops or vendors in seattle area ?

Looking for parts to buy locally. I know there is a 4wp in Lynnwood I havent been in there. How do there prices compare?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
2 crown j is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
2 crown j's Tacoma Gallery
really all you guys buy your parts out of state ?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
I always buy my parts off the internet, usually cheaper and no tax.

There are a couple of places (others will chime in with names) but they are gonna be significantly more expensive than any of the vendors on TW.

Might help too if you told us what you were looking to buy (suspension, wheels, tires, armor, etc.)
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
I always buy my parts off the internet, usually cheaper and no tax.

There are a couple of places (others will chime in with names) but they are gonna be significantly more expensive than any of the vendors on TW.

Might help too if you told us what you were looking to buy (suspension, wheels, tires, armor, etc.)
X2

4wp has fair prices compared to internet stores/vendors and their installation rates seemed good. Les Schwab in kirkland on 124th has a package for 5100's and AAL for $650 installed if u are looking to do a lift. Depends on what you need.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to threadjack but this is along the same lines. I am not a DIY kinda person (tech-tard is more like it) and I really like the look of black badging. I went over to a local vendor and they quoted me $539.91 to take off and attach the new black badging. They said they ordered all new badges (since they ruined the old ones taking them off) and spray the new ones and put those on the truck. It is a nice place but that seems a little much to me?!? Is someone aware of a quality body shop/paint shop/auto detailer that would do a good job for less? Reasonable is subjective but that just kind knocked me off my feet....thanks for looking & safe wheeling!! BTW - A shop on the Eastside would be great (Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland) would be great but willing to travel a bit.

I posted this in the NW area because I know what I want and am looking for a place specific shop. Also, I like the store in Lynnwood and find their prices are reasonable for convenience but also order a lot of stuff off the net.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
I don't mean to threadjack but this is along the same lines. I am not a DIY kinda person (tech-tard is more like it) and I really like the look of black badging. I went over to a local vendor and they quoted me $539.91 to take off and attach the new black badging. They said they ordered all new badges (since they ruined the old ones taking them off) and spray the new ones and put those on the truck. It is a nice place but that seems a little much to me?!? Is someone aware of a quality body shop/paint shop/auto detailer that would do a good job for less? Reasonable is subjective but that just kind knocked me off my feet....thanks for looking & safe wheeling!! BTW - A shop on the Eastside would be great (Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland) would be great but willing to travel a bit.

I posted this in the NW area because I know what I want and am looking for a place specific shop. Also, I like the store in Lynnwood and find their prices are reasonable for convenience but also order a lot of stuff off the net.
First off, $540 to do black badges is ludicrous. Do not pay that much.

Secondly, if you don't mind having matte black (no shine) badges you could always just plasti-dip them for about $10. Its not as durable as paint, however, it will hold up just fine and is removable down the road if you decide you want to go back to chrome. I've linked a youtube video that explains the process step by step. BTW, dozens, if not hundreds of people on this site have plasti-dip on their vehicles. Search "plasti-dip badges' and you will come up with a plethora of threads that should help explain the process further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOecnIxgMg

Lastly, if you really want to have them painted you could try Metropolitan Detail over in Bellevue on BelRed Road. They are a detail shop primarily, however, they do a lot of paint touch up and could possibly do this for you. I use to work there a couple years ago and John and Benjamin are very detail oriented (pun intended) and do a fantastic job.

http://www.metropolitandetail.com/

Hope this helps man.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
CHPTR11 - thanks so much for the idea/link. I will be giving them a call -- yes -- I thought it was a little much too!! Will let you know and post pics -- I like the way the truck is coming along - will have to get out in the snow next week and get some pics!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Im in town for the next week and a half in auburn, I'll do your badges for ya if you buy the stuff and come to the house! Take us an hour or so! Really easy!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post

$539! Did I miss something? Holy hell, I painted my own badges black and i'll come over and paint your badges for a pizza and a few beers. Check out the NW mod day that got rescheduled for the near future and there will be plenty of us that will help you out...

Edit: I just realized that your initial post is from over a year ago, so I assume you got your badges done already...
Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma206 View Post
$539! Did I miss something? Holy hell, I painted my own badges black and i'll come over and paint your badges for a pizza and a few beers. Check out the NW mod day that got rescheduled for the near future and there will be plenty of us that will help you out...
Hoping to get a new date for this set soon, btw
Old 03-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #12

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all PNW'rs for offering to help!! Ended up buying new black badges from TOYOTA dealer that I got the truck, took it over to a detailer and had the old ones taken off and they de-decaled the TRD as well. Just had the TACOMA put back on --- REALLY like it. Since then have also taken off the LEER and LEER logo off the back, replaced the factory driving lights with PIAA 510's (like it a lot) and Tantrum Vision-X rock lights...lots done and lots to do -- I think she is coming along nicely!!

And you were right -- $539.00 was A LOT!! Saved quite a bit off of that original -- and this post made me rethink that way to go...

Thank you guys for offers to help -- will be taking up more of those offers as other projects are taken on!! I am ALWAYS willing to spring for beer, pizza, wings, chips....and usually the result is better as well!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Shops or vendors in seattle area ?-img_3610.jpg   Shops or vendors in seattle area ?-img_3622.jpg   Shops or vendors in seattle area ?-img_3627.jpg