Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Need an access cab owner in greater Seattle area to help!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Need an access cab owner in greater Seattle area to help!

Trying to make my powered rear sliding window mod work for 2nd gen access cabs but I need somebody to offer their truck up as a test platform. Can anybody help? The kit and installation would be on the house. It might take several hours or more of fiddling around with your truck to get it figured out, so I realize it's a lot to ask.

Check out my window mod thread if you haven't already:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...stall-kit.html

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's been done here, try to search it. Very cool but a lot of work.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Want to drive 12 hours south
Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
It's been done here, try to search it. Very cool but a lot of work.
It's been done where? Are you talking about a CR Lawrence? Or the linear actuator method?

Please do tell...
Old 11-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #5

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Let me rephrase that -- FREE kit, FREE install.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Let me rephrase that -- FREE kit, FREE install.
I just may be able to help you out...obviously not with mine since I have a DC but I have a gf that has an AC that may be interested in this. Let me check with her and see. How long do you guesstimate you might need it?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #7

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
I just may be able to help you out...obviously not with mine since I have a DC but I have a gf that has an AC that may be interested in this. Let me check with her and see. How long do you guesstimate you might need it?
Thanks Brett. I would probably need it on two separate occasions -- one to remove the rear seatback, see what it looks like back there, take some measurements, and get the gears turning about how to mount the motor, etc..... and then a second meeting to actually do the install.

So maybe 15-20 minutes the first time, and hopefully not more than 2-3 hours the second time for the install. Let me know if she would be willing, this would be a huge help.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Ben, let me know if none of these come through. In all honesty I'm not 100% sure I want the mod as I can reach the window without to much trouble. If you don't get anyone, PM me and if anything you can at least use my truck for measurements etc. Who knows, maybe I'll see the work and change my mind

Luke
Old 11-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #9

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the offer Luke. Will keep you in mind!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Brett. I would probably need it on two separate occasions -- one to remove the rear seatback, see what it looks like back there, take some measurements, and get the gears turning about how to mount the motor, etc..... and then a second meeting to actually do the install.

So maybe 15-20 minutes the first time, and hopefully not more than 2-3 hours the second time for the install. Let me know if she would be willing, this would be a huge help.
Hey Ben, she's up for it. When do you want it?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #11

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Ben, she's up for it. When do you want it?
Ok, thanks for asking her about it. I have to order some parts before I can do it. Maybe next weekend sometime?

I should have asked this before, but will she be cool with the fact that there will likely be some trimming of the top of the seatback involved? I realize that in many peoples' perspective that is some serious modification, so I would understand if she doesn't want to have her truck cut up. It would be trimmed just enough to provide clearance for that regulator track to fit between the window frame and the top of the seatback.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Oh - so that's how it goes! I need your truck once for a bit. Then, I need your truck twice - once for a little bit then for most of the day. Then - hey - I need your truck a couple of times and there will be "some trimming" as a result. Next thread - hey - glad I borrowed your g/f truck and did not do to yours what happened -- sorry!!

Just kidding - was ready to donate mine to the cause but she came through!! Hope we get pics when done!!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #13

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Ben, let me know if none of these come through. In all honesty I'm not 100% sure I want the mod as I can reach the window without to much trouble. If you don't get anyone, PM me and if anything you can at least use my truck for measurements etc. Who knows, maybe I'll see the work and change my mind

Luke
Thanks for the offer Luke, will keep you in the on-deck circle. I may be doing some work up in Marysville in the next couple of weeks, so there's a chance that might work out.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #14

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Oh - so that's how it goes! I need your truck once for a bit. Then, I need your truck twice - once for a little bit then for most of the day. Then - hey - I need your truck a couple of times and there will be "some trimming" as a result. Next thread - hey - glad I borrowed your g/f truck and did not do to yours what happened -- sorry!!

Just kidding - was ready to donate mine to the cause but she came through!! Hope we get pics when done!!
Hahaha, I know, ask for an inch, take a mile. If it turns out Brett's g/f isn't comfortable with the plastic trimming, I may need a plan "B"...
Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #15

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone's info, the plastic trimming involved would require trimming about 1/2" of the top edge of the seatback on the passenger's side, for a length of about 25" along the top of the seatback. It wouldn't end up being very conspicuous.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
Wild Ginger

Quote:
Hahaha, I know, ask for an inch, take a mile. If it turns out Brett's g/f isn't comfortable with the plastic trimming, I may need a plan "B"...
I messaged my g/f about the trimming. I'm waiting to hear back from her but I doubt she'll have a problem with it.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #17

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Right on Brett, keep me posted.

It's definitely the wrong time of year for anyone in this neck of the woods to give a rats ass about opening a window
Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #18

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Brett, any word about whether or not your gf would be ok with attempting this mod on her truck?

Or, is there anyone else out there who can help?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
Wild Ginger

Quote:
Brett, any word about whether or not your gf would be ok with attempting this mod on her truck?

Or, is there anyone else out there who can help?
Hey Ben, I just talked to my g/f and she's still up for it anytime. She lives in Seattle now too so that should make meeting up a little easier? When are you usually free?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #20

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Ben, I just talked to my g/f and she's still up for it anytime. She lives in Seattle now too so that should make meeting up a little easier? When are you usually free?
Hey Brett, that would be great! I've been on vacation out east but I'll be back in Seattle on Sunday. Maybe we could meet up the following weekend?