Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Anyone near Tacoma, WA up for some wheelin'?

Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone near Tacoma, WA up for some wheelin'?

Hey dudes, anyone around the Tacoma area interested in getting a small convoy together to go do some offroading? hopefully someone who knows some good trails.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
I could be up for that, depending on when and where.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
I could be up for that, depending on when and where.
Do you have any locations in mind? and as far as when goes, I'm usually free on the weekends.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say Evans Creek down near Carbonado, but I think the trails might be closed for the winter. I'll do some research to see if I can find out.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #5

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, I'm sure Evans is probably getting snow right now. Freezing levels are supposed to be low for the next few days.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm always up for wheelin', weekends are best for me too. Places I'm familiar with are:

I-90 FS roads past North Bend (countless times up Exit 38/42/47, etc.)
Tahuya (I've only been once)
Walker Valley (also been once)

I hear there are lots of FS roads on the way to Crystal Mountain too?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down for a Tahuya run one of these weekends.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Actually, I'm sure Evans is probably getting snow right now. Freezing levels are supposed to be low for the next few days.
Sounds likea challenge lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
I'm always up for wheelin', weekends are best for me too. Places I'm familiar with are:

I-90 FS roads past North Bend (countless times up Exit 38/42/47, etc.)
Tahuya (I've only been once)
Walker Valley (also been once)

I hear there are lots of FS roads on the way to Crystal Mountain too?
Sweet dude, a Tahuya run sounds like a blast.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
I'd be down for a Tahuya run one of these weekends.
Yeah man sounds good to me.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
searchgeek
sportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsguy's Tacoma Gallery
I've been feeling the urge to explore some fire roads lately - might have to hit some of this action at some point. Weekends for me also, though this week I'm away, so stay safe if you all head out.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
I've been feeling the urge to explore some fire roads lately - might have to hit some of this action at some point. Weekends for me also, though this week I'm away, so stay safe if you all head out.
This weekend is a no go for me too man.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #13
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd --- also would like to get out some too! Mostly a stock truck - slow build in progress...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
searchgeek
sportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Sub'd --- also would like to get out some too! Mostly a stock truck - slow build in progress...
Word.

My most offroad worthy mod so far has been the new tonneau cover...
Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #15

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
^ You guys might be surprised what you can wheel with stock setups. The first "mod" that makes the biggest difference is tires.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #16

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be up for checkin out Tahuya, never been out there. It's also pretty low elevation so snow probably isn't much of an issue. I'm around for the next 2 weekends, but then I'm in Montana until Xmas.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #17
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in.

I'm also pretty stock except for General AT2s. I'd really be into checking out some FS roads.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I need to fix a CV before I do anything... lame excuse, lol.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Where is Tahuya? How far is it from Portland? When you guys going? I may consider going.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Where is Tahuya? How far is it from Portland? When you guys going? I may consider going.
About 3 hours from you. google maps Tahuya, WA for an idea.