Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Where to get windows tinted in Seattle Area?

Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get windows tinted in Seattle Area?

Looking into getting my windows tinted. Can anybody make a recommendation in the Seattle area?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Accutint is the only one I can think of. But they look like they might be pricey.

Why the hell do you want to get your windows tinted here? There's no damn sun.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing to do is just call every place and see how much it is, and look up reviews online. Just got my front two done in Silverdale for 48 bucks.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
Accutint is the only one I can think of. But they look like they might be pricey.

Why the hell do you want to get your windows tinted here? There's no damn sun.
I like the way it looks and its nice in the summer.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine done last week and could not be happier. Found this place near me (Eastside) and had a ton of good reviews. Called for app't and went in - good clean and professional install. I have an access cab so only the two front windows needed to be done. A friend of mine (2011 Tacoma Sport) will get his done his next days off. (No pics that are presentable of the tint yet).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jays-tint-shop-kirkland
Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
I just got mine done last week and could not be happier. Found this place near me (Eastside) and had a ton of good reviews. Called for app't and went in - good clean and professional install. I have an access cab so only the two front windows needed to be done. A friend of mine (2011 Tacoma Sport) will get his done his next days off. (No pics that are presentable of the tint yet).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jays-tint-shop-kirkland
Thanks! I'll look into this. BTW, what brand of tint and how dark did you go with your tint? Lots of discussion about going between 15% and 20%, although I believe WA state law is 24%-35% depending on brand of tint and vehicle...
Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
He was very helpful - the law in the State of Washington is 35% but to match the front to back (to look "even") it took a 20% - but he warned me this was illegal. I chose to go for the 20% - yes, for looks - and it turned out great. So - the choice would be legal and look just a little lighter or go "criminal" and have a better look, IMHO.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I only take my cars to Mino at Dealer Xpress in Auburn.

http://dealerxpressofauburn.com/
Old 12-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
Name: Kevin
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
I have 20% all round my truck, The extracab windows are plenty dark now along with the rear