Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

"NW Tacomas" Decal?

Old 12-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
"NW Tacomas" Decal?

I was bored last night and kind of threw together a rough idea for a decal for the Tacoma owners in the northwest states. I figured I would throw it up here and see if anyone would actually be interested. If there's enough interest I'll look into gettin them made. Figured why not. It needs a bit of work, but let me know what you all think.

I added my other attempt from today. Again all thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
"NW Tacomas" Decal?-nw-tacomas.jpg   "NW Tacomas" Decal?-nw-tacomas-2.jpg   "NW Tacomas" Decal?-nw.jpg  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
I was bored last night and kind of threw together a rough idea for a decal for the Tacoma owners in the northwest states. I figured I would throw it up here and see if anyone would actually be interested. If there's enough interest I'll look into gettin them made. Figured why not. It needs a bit of work, but let me know what you all think.

I like it.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
add a little bit of canadian border, just to be nice
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
add a little bit of canadian border, just to be nice
That would make it Southwest then , no ?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That would make it Southwest then , no ?
northwest US plus some extra...
Old 12-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
northwest US plus some extra...
Are you saying we're fat?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the idea, just needs a bit more oomph...

criticism is free, stop by my office any time and ringy dingy the bell.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
I like the idea, just needs a bit more oomph...

criticism is free, stop by my office any time and ringy dingy the bell.
I agree with ya. Been tryin to think of something to give it that extra. I think the lettering would be a area to work on.

I did some more work with it, and added the image to my original post.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree with ya. Been tryin to think of something to give it that extra. I think the lettering would be a area to work on.

I did some more work with it, and added the image to my original post.
Not sure how hard it would be but how about adding a little 3-D to it in the form of Terrain or maybe different colors, brown and green where mountain ranges are, instead of all black.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Not sure how hard it would be but how about adding a little 3-D to it in the form of Terrain or maybe different colors, brown and green where mountain ranges are, instead of all black.
Yeah, the black is a bit much ain't it. May have to try throwing some 3D in it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
x2 on the oomph. maybe have the states outlined in black and the rest clear? so it doesent stand out so bad if say, placed on a truck. I think option one is the better design, with the old school yota emblem
Just doing the outline may work too. I'll mess with it some more. Thanks as well.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I like it. Have you tryed asking Sock to make something up?
I think I may. My creativity is so so at best. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #14

Well I added another throw together to the origional post, and below. Gonna try a couple other things yet. Hopefully this one has a little more punch to it. Figured less may be more.
Attached Thumbnails
"NW Tacomas" Decal?-nw.jpg  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #15
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin goo so far. But, they don't really....POP. idk how to make em better, but I'm sure you got something in your head. You just don't know yet lol
Old 02-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #18

Still kicking around a couple ideas. I will have more info soon. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. I'm obviously not a pro by any means.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #19

Ok... So I am thinking what I'm gonna do is take the design I have in the bottom right of my signature picture. I am thinkin I will either do the state requested's initials, or outline it with the state's shape. had pictures, but got to do em over, since the laptop crashed. Thoughts?

Looking at getting prices together in the next couple weeks. Anyone is interested, please let me know. I want to get this goin. I will try to get all the pictures ASAP.