Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Belleau Woods Apartments in Bellingham, WA

Old 12-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
poppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
poppyseed's Tacoma Gallery
Belleau Woods Apartments in Bellingham, WA

Moving to the area in January

Anyone have anything to say about these apartments? Or other recommendations?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
sounds very familar... just cant remember what st. there on??
Old 12-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
poppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoppyseed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstcstriderz View Post
sounds very familar... just cant remember what st. there on??

4018 Northwest Avenue...

if your still in the area and have any recommendations on this place or any others please let me know.

Rusty
Old 12-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
I don't live there anymore, but I lived there for four years or so. Northwest is a decent area...although I have no idea about those particular apartments. It is partially a college town, and Northwest is a decent distance away from the university crowd. Avoid many the streets named after states...those areas are a bit scary.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #5

thanks for the info!

I keep hearing about these "ghetto" areas, but considering where I live now has had over 60 murders this year, I cant imagine it will be too bad.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
aaronk is on a distinguished road
aaronk's Tacoma Gallery
I've driven by them a lot but don't know anyone that's lived there. That area is OK. Close to a lot of things yet far enough from WWU not to be bothered by the college crowd. I've lived in my fair share of apartments while going to school in Bellingham, none of them I would recommend though... I don't know who manages them, but there are a couple nice apartment complexes off Bakerview Road, not far from Northwest Ave.

As for management companies - I've rented from Bayview Property Management, RPM, and Landmark. Never had issues with any of them, although I've heard bad things about all of them. Always got most, if not all of my security deposits back, which is where most people claim they get screwed.

What brings you to Bellingham from VA?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
I've driven by them a lot but don't know anyone that's lived there. That area is OK. Close to a lot of things yet far enough from WWU not to be bothered by the college crowd. I've lived in my fair share of apartments while going to school in Bellingham, none of them I would recommend though... I don't know who manages them, but there are a couple nice apartment complexes off Bakerview Road, not far from Northwest Ave.

As for management companies - I've rented from Bayview Property Management, RPM, and Landmark. Never had issues with any of them, although I've heard bad things about all of them. Always got most, if not all of my security deposits back, which is where most people claim they get screwed.

What brings you to Bellingham from VA?

Thanks for the info! I grew up on Whidbey Island and will be moving back to the area with my girlfriend. Bellingham seemed like a nice area as far as schools and things to do.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
I had a couple buddies who lived in those apartments when we were bachelors. The apartments were plenty nice then. Nothing special by any means but a lot cleaner than most in the south side near WWU. Traffic right there on Northwest can be bad making getting in and out a hassle possibly. They are real close to the freeway on-ramp and off-ramp so that makes for a bit of extra traffic probably.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #9

^^ thanks for the info. Has anyone heard anything positive or negative first hand about Cascade Meadows? It seems to be the runner up. Also looking into Maple Park
Old 12-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
I would stay away from E Maple street apartments personally, aside from the Texas St neighborhood i would call that street runner up for suspect activities... Bellingham doesn't have really any dangerous neighborhoods but some are less desireable than others. I would worry more about my stuff than safety in either of those areas.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #11

Thanks for all the input guys! Ended up putting down a deposit on the one in belleau woods. Won't have the taco out there until this summer but feel free to hit me up after Jan 15!