Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Boise, Idaho trails

Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #21
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
This post belongs....

....Here!

Nice Runner I'm i've always wanted a runner
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
What day does school start? I'll time it right.
where is this?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
enigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant future
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wanted Camburg UCAs...are we even? lol, I like the jelly dance.

As far as Lost Trail...i've never been. Just been told by a couple of wheelers down here in mountain home that it is the more moderate of rock trails in the area. Here is a random youtube video i found of it.

http://youtu.be/h5MXD-9ONmI

A few local toyota guys from the nw cruisers forum went to a close by area to soldier mountain last saturday. here is a video of them. Had i known about it beforehand I might have tried to tag along...oh well

http://youtu.be/gxW6KMUFntI
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
enigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant future
FML. lemme get the link for the other one. Both of them are by murphy. I know if you google lost trail it will show up either on the idaho/montana border or up by canada. I believe its just a local trailhead name. i can't be positive on that. I have the coordinates for the trailhead though if you are interested. Its like 5 miles north of murphy i believe
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #26
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
I've always wanted Camburg UCAs...are we even? lol, I like the jelly dance.
I won't have them till monday.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
those 2 videos are the same, didnt you say one was by murphy? i googled it and it was all the way up in northern idaho by the border
Where is this? Im just across the border north of Metaline falls.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #28
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FML. lemme get the link for the other one. Both of them are by murphy. I know if you google lost trail it will show up either on the idaho/montana border or up by canada. I believe its just a local trailhead name. i can't be positive on that. I have the coordinates for the trailhead though if you are interested. Its like 5 miles north of murphy i believe
oh cool, link that vid and the map location and coordinates
Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
Quote:
oh cool, link that vid and the map location and coordinates
I edited the link in the other post the first video should be different now.

Trailhead is just off this road (those are the coordinates, the road that continues southwest off 78) couple series of turns after that, I can PM you for more detailed instructions if you want.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&to...ed=0CCAQ8gEwAA
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #33
some of the other trails like meatgrinder are WAY worse. IDK I know I would need sliders and skids and a rear bumper to make it up that trail without any minor damage more than likely. They said that there is plenty of bypasses on the most difficult stuff. The other video with the toyota guys looks pretty laid back though!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #34
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
I edited the link in the other post the first video should be different now.

Trailhead is just off this road (those are the coordinates, the road that continues southwest off 78) couple series of turns after that, I can PM you for more detailed instructions if you want.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...ed=0CCAQ8gEwAA
Woah! that took my to some island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea
Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #35
Quote:
are you trying to troll sir, that link took me to the mediterranian sea...
holy hell, maybe i should put my drink down. I swear I put in the coordinates. on google maps. It pulled up the location. Then i copy and pasted the link to make sure it would work, and it did. Now i click and like you say the middle of the effing ocean!

I am full of fail.

just copy and paste this into google maps

N43 16.841 W116 34.460

Even that link that takes you to the Mediterranean sea. If you just press enter it shows up at the correct location. I dont know WTF happened to the link!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #36
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
holy hell, maybe i should put my drink down. I swear I put in the coordinates. on google maps. It pulled up the location. Then i copy and pasted the link to make sure it would work, and it did. Now i click and like you say the middle of the effing ocean!

I am full of fail.

just copy and paste this into google maps

N43 16.841 W116 34.460

Even that link that takes you to the Mediterranean sea. If you just press enter it shows up at the correct location. I dont know WTF happened to the link!
ok, hit enter, thats much better. cant tell much from satellite view but i know the area and if its like the video it should be a sweet test of my new goodies
Old 02-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #37
Quote:
ok, hit enter, thats much better. cant tell much from satellite view but i know the area and if its like the video it should be a sweet test of my new goodies
Glad it worked...I have been known to troll on other boards But i'll avoid that for now as I'm a noob over here still lol. I want to venture over there. I'm in Mountain Home and driving through grandview to that location doesn't seem bad. But they just got hit with some snow the night before last, and its been colder the past couple nights so not much of it has probably melted.

If the weather stays warm we should head up there when you get your stuff installed.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Glad it worked...I have been known to troll on other boards But i'll avoid that for now as I'm a noob over here still lol. I want to venture over there. I'm in Mountain Home and driving through grandview to that location doesn't seem bad. But they just got hit with some snow the night before last, and its been colder the past couple nights so not much of it has probably melted.

If the weather stays warm we should head up there when you get your stuff installed.
continue the troll, this sites full of it anyway. and ill let you know when everything is put on and i have my new tires. do you have a cb?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #39
negative, but I can get one, I've already got the power wired up in the dash. If i end up going on the Moab trip i'll definitely have one before that