Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

NW Washington Mod Day

View Poll Results: What date would you like a mod day?
March 17th (Saturday) 11 61.11%
March 18th (Sunday) 2 11.11%
March 24th (Saturday) 2 11.11%
March 25th (Sunday) 2 11.11%
Other date (specify) 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #201
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
the group buy is still gluing on 625 for a base bumper
Maybe I can sell him my soul....

Pretty much all I have right now haha
Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #202
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Ok sounds good! How's the recovery going??

Going pretty well, thanks. It's less painful when you go with the allograft. The disadvantage is that it seems to take another month or two longer than the patella/hamstring method to recover to a point where you can start running around. It's a big improvement over January when my knee would crack every other step. My surgeon said it would be very difficult if there were ever a need for a third ACL surgery. All I know is that I am taking it VERY easy this time around. The crappy part is that I think the re-injury happened back in July when I was walking down the stairs. We have a little yorkie that took a piss at the bottom of the stairs which I didn't see it in time, slipped and wrenched my knee.

Falling off the back of the Taco and wiping out on dog piss. I am not very lucky lately...
Old 02-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #203
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Id come down for the day but in school on the 17th. If it got delayed to the 24th Ill be there.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #204
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
Id come down for the day but in school on the 17th. If it got delayed to the 24th Ill be there.
If it ends up raining that day then it will most likely get delayed to the 24th.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #205
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking I want to plasti-dip my lower valance. Has anybody done this before and what write-up do you recommend?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #206
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
wash it
dry it
mask it of
Derp it

sit back and enjoy a brew
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #207
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like I will be around on the 17th, so hopefully we can do mod day then.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #208
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Sounds like I will be around on the 17th, so hopefully we can do mod day then.
Sweet! See you there!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #209
tnk921 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Flight Engineer
Name: Tyler
tnk921's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could get in on this!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #210
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I hope it gets pushed back so I can make it the 17th is the weekend before finals week
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #211
Very nice how much?

It might, depending on if the weather is crappy or not. As long as Brett is okay with that. Just have to wait till its closer and watch the weather.

Cause those are always true...
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #212

If it gets pushed back I'll need a hand installing a winch and a dual battery set up
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #213
elooleelo is on a distinguished road
Name: J
elooleelo's Tacoma Gallery
Basic welding needed

Looking to adapt my 58" Thule cross bars to fit the bed track system. Have a design in mind, but no access to welding. even if i did, it has been too long since i last welded.

basically looking for welder recommendations.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #214
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elooleelo View Post
Looking to adapt my 58" Thule cross bars to fit the bed track system. Have a design in mind, but no access to welding. even if i did, it has been too long since i last welded.

basically looking for welder recommendations.
As in to buy a welder? It mostly depends on how much you will actually use it, and for what applications mainly. There are a lot of good ones to choose from. I have always been a fan of miller.

If you need something welded up at the meet, I, as well as several other guys I'm sure, can weld for you. I think there will be a welder there.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #215
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
You going to help me shore up my cab mounts after I chop most them off Nick?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
You going to help me shore up my cab mounts after I chop most them off Nick?
x2
Old 03-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #217
Very nice how much?

If you guys need a welder I can weld for you. Ill have to practice my verticals before the meet to make sure they will look good haha.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #218

I don't care how it looks i just care if the welds are solid
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #219
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
I don't care how it looks i just care if the welds are solid
There is a guy around here with an FJ that is running 35's. He cut his mounts completely off except for the area the bolt/boot contacted the frame. He has over 130K on the rig now and no trouble from it. I don't trust it enough to do it myself.

Searching for pics now.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #220

I would love to but i've done the math and i can't swing 35's and locker and regear that's like 5k and i would be on the ramen noodle every meal budget