Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Powder coating in Arlington, WA

Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Powder coating in Arlington, WA

I was looking into getting my stock 16" steel wheels powder coated and sent an email to Powder Fab in Arlington.

Here's her reply:

"Good Morning Luke,

Your 16” rims in matte black will be $35 per rim.

We offer a Black Friday special - that is a 60% gloss black, done at a 20% discount for $28 per rim.

If sandblasting is needed that will be additional. It typically runs about $80 for the set.

Thanks for the inquiry,
Carie Kelly
Office Manager
Powder-Fab, Inc.
19224 62nd Ave. N.E.
Arlington, WA 98223
360-435-0793
360-435-6836 fax
carie@powder-fab.com"

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Anyone have a clue of what 60% gloss looks like?

Anyone used this place before? I sent another email 5 or 6 months ago to a place in Mukilteo and they quoted closer to $55 per wheel.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had 5 different sets of wheels done at Powder Coating Inc in Mukilteo (all matte black) and can say that their quality is top notch. I believe i usually got 20% gloss which gives it a slight sheen. Ill post pics of my old truck when i get home to give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I was looking into getting my stock 16" steel wheels powder coated and sent an email to Powder Fab in Arlington.

Here's her reply:

"Good Morning Luke,

Your 16” rims in matte black will be $35 per rim.

We offer a Black Friday special - that is a 60% gloss black, done at a 20% discount for $28 per rim.

If sandblasting is needed that will be additional. It typically runs about $80 for the set.

Thanks for the inquiry,
Carie Kelly
Office Manager
Powder-Fab, Inc.
19224 62nd Ave. N.E.
Arlington, WA 98223
360-435-0793
360-435-6836 fax
carie@powder-fab.com"

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Anyone have a clue of what 60% gloss looks like?

Anyone used this place before? I sent another email 5 or 6 months ago to a place in Mukilteo and they quoted closer to $55 per wheel.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
This is 20%
Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
at Powder Coating Inc in Mukilteo (all matte black) and can say that their quality is top notch.
I've heard great reviews about them as well.

Man, that was a clean SS! Always liked those trucks. I bet you miss it...well not the fill ups at least, lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
I've heard great reviews about them as well.

Man, that was a clean SS! Always liked those trucks. I bet you miss it...well not the fill ups at least, lol.
Eh not really. I never drove it, just sat in the garage. Spent more time cleaning it than I did driving it It was a fun truck though.