Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Getting stuck in Cle Elum

Old 02-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Getting stuck in Cle Elum

I embarked on a coyote hunting trip yesterday to Cle Elum. Out by Elk Heights Road. I thought I found a nice turn out to park the truck, only to find out it was actually a snow covered ditch! I quickly became basically high centered. My front wheels were doing a little digging, but my rears were just floating. I tried to exhaust all options including airing down my tires to about 25psi, but I still couldnt move even a single inch. I had a mini-shovel but I would have been there all day trying to dig out, even then I wasn't sure it was possible. I did also have a come-a-long and three tow ropes with me, but it didn't end up being long enough to safely attemped to winch it out. I started to attemped to do it, but I was scared that the come-a-long was gonna snap and I didnt want to risk getting decapitated by the tow line! Plus I was not hopefull that is was even going to work since it would of had to pull my truck up deep snow.

I decided to give BrettBretterson a call to see if he could come help and he was more than willing. Mad props to Brett! Upon his arrival we first needed to release tention on the come-a-long. It seemed to have become jammed and it wouldn't release the tension. It had been a few hours since I tried to move the truck and I hoped I could at least inch it forward enough to release tension.

This is where the story becomes funny.. It turns out a temperture increase of about 15 degrees makes all the differance when it comes to a vehicle stuck in the snow. Not only was I able to inch it forward to release the come-a-long, but I ended up just driving it right out of the ditch!! I went from literally not being able to move @ 27° and within a few hours it was around probably 45° and the snow had softened up so much I was able to drive right out. LOL. I felt silly that Brett drove all the way up, but at least I conned him into having a Tacoma Meet in Cle Elum, LOL! We had some fun in the snow before he headed back. Here are some pics, sorry I didn't take more!

Brett then got stuck trying to turn around.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Larson7.62 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alex
Larson7.62's Tacoma Gallery
Elk Heights Road sounds really familiar, I used to go hunting around Cle Elum and Ellensburg a few years ago. I had a similar situation happen in Yellowstone but with a snowmobile.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one I took. I''ve got a few more, I'll get them off my phone.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Nice excuse for playing in the snow. You guys probably threw up this post so you could tell your wives/GFs you were stuck all day.

Now post the real pics of the wild strippers and party!

Great of Brett who was willing to come give you a hand and glad to see all ended well. Been interested in doing some coyote hunting myself...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Larson7.62 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alex
Larson7.62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
woa, another idaho member. welcome to the party
Yep, I'm from Bellevue WA though, just over here for school.