Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

In need of a Portland area welder

Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
In need of a Portland area welder

In need of someone to weld together some 1x1-1/2x0.125 tubing and flat bar (or angles) together for a new roof rack. Overall size is about 45" square, but subject to change, and I don't really feel that the size afffects the welding. Here's some images.

Overall look

Front Mount

Rear Mount

Total of 6 butt joints and 8 mitered joints. I expect that I'll be able to show up wherever with all pieces ready to be assembled, just need someone to do it or teach me (preferred).

4 of the mitered joints are small pieces (less than 2" long), and the other 4 are those same small pieces being welded to some flat bar or angle, depending on what I get my hands on, but if it's flat bar then there would likely be 4 more welds involved.

The funky shape at the front and back of the rack is a premade piece of aluminum that just needs to be welded on and looks like this:

Ill supply beer and pizza to whoever volunteers Derek can supply the eye candy
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpage.... Hope you've got lots of popcorn D

This might take a while