Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Portland OR S/C Install

Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
PeniroN is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
PeniroN's Tacoma Gallery
Portland OR S/C Install

I heard the TRD superchargers are about to be realesed for the '12's. Just wondering if anybody has used any of the dealers around the Portland area for a S/C install. It seems like an easy job, I'm just curious if anybody has good or bad comments about the dealer mechanics around Portland.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
A good friend of mine works for Beaverton Toyota.... I would trust him with my truck, if that helps...

I didn't realize there's that much different between the '12s and the <'11s that would require a different charger... I thought it was just a "face-lift"
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Do it yourself.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
The supercharger and the fit kit are most likely the same, as the engine hasn't changed. The only difference in the kit would be the ECU tuning. That's what the hold up has been each year for the past three years.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #5

PeniroN's Tacoma Gallery

There is some EGR differences on the '12's and yes the ECU will havedifferences in programming. I totallywould install it myself, but I bought an extended warranty and I would like theS/C to be covered under that. I supposethe only way for the S/C to roll into your existing warranty is to have itinstalled by a Toyota certified business. I'll check out BeavToy.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #7

PeniroN's Tacoma Gallery
I've been trying to get quotes, but most places won't quote it because it's not ready for sale. I talked to Broadway and he said that it is about a 12 hr. job. Which I think is an over estimate. Most people have said that the install will be around $1000.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
damnnnn!!!! i've heard rumors of $5,000 installed on '11 and later years...big bucks for more power lol
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #9

PeniroN's Tacoma Gallery
So that will be about $4500 for the S/C and fit kit plus the install.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not too sure...but i've been playing the lottery and crossing my fingers!!! oh and when i get paid today...i will be going to spirit mountain and crossing my fingers there as well haha.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeniroN View Post
There is some EGR differences on the '12's and yes the ECU will havedifferences in programming. I totallywould install it myself, but I bought an extended warranty and I would like theS/C to be covered under that. I supposethe only way for the S/C to roll into your existing warranty is to have itinstalled by a Toyota certified business. I'll check out BeavToy.
If you go in, ask for Kenji Abe (pronounced "ah bee") and tell him I sent ya (gabe johnston). Don't know if he can help you on the price or anything but I'd trust him with my car
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Lapis is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Lapis's Tacoma Gallery
Had Beaverton install a sc in my 03 taco. Guess what- it pings. They say normal sound -I say I need a new shop to install a URD 7th injector. Anybody know a good shop? Thanx Lapis
Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #13

PeniroN's Tacoma Gallery
I also had Beaverton Toyota install my SC. I just got my truck fresh out of the body shop and when I dropped it off I told them that there was fresh paint on the bumper and they would have to be careful not to scratch it. They had my truck for two full days and when I went in to pick it up the tech was out driving it. The service manager and I went to his stall to wait for him and the place was a mess. The old parts off my truck were laid out some even on the floor which was covered in antifreeze. When the tech arrived he opened the hood to show me the supercharger and I was pretty damn excited. So when he was boxing up my parts I began to look the truck over. I started in the engine bay and noticed that the tech didn't bother to clean up numerous greasy hand prints, which bothered me but not too much. Then I moved to the outside. The tops of both fenders were scuffed and scratched badly and the bumper that I warned them about was also scratched. My brand new truck that just got out of the body shop needed to go back in for another cut and buff. I was furious. I asked the tech if he used a protective cover when he was working on my truck and he said yes and pointed to a very thin sheet like cover that was draped over his tool box. Half of it was on the floor picking up the dirt and debris that will inevitably scratch the sh*t out of the next customers' vehicle. I was extremely disappointed and I will never go back there. I worked my way thru college disassembling cars at wrecking yards and I treated my stall and my customers' parts far better than those clowns treated my $30K truck.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Lapis's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, lotsa trouble.Who does your work now?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
Lapis's Tacoma Gallery
Almost forgot to ask. Any ping problems?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #16

PeniroN's Tacoma Gallery
I've not had any engine ping. However, I've heard some engine noise when the engine is not to full operating temperature and I let go of the throttle. I believe this is coming from the top end so I'm not that worried about it and it goes away once the engine fully warms. I try not to drive the vehicle until its warm anyway. I haven't had my truck worked on after that incident with BeavToy, so I do not have a suggestion for you. I just figured it was a good time to vent. Are you running higher octane fuel?