Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Wyoming Lander meet 2012!!

View Poll Results: What weekend would you rather attened??
July 20-22 2 40.00%
July 27-29 2 40.00%
August 3-5 4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Wyoming Lander meet 2012!!

As of now the offcial dates of the trip are

July 27th-29th

August 3-5th

Come to which ever date better suits you! ill be there for both. Right now it looks like the August weekend will have the most ppl as we have one confirmed WY guy, and 3 tentative ppl from ID, MT, CO!

__________________________________________________ __
Alrighty folks!

Its time to start planning out the summer time

A few members and i are hoping to get a TW meet going in Wyoming this year. We seem to have finally found enough members to have a good small get together.

The Meet will take place in Lander WY!

There are two trails we will hit for sure.

-Shoshone Lake Road
-Christina Lake Road.

Jon and I tried to do this last october and got snowed out, so now we are gonna plan a bit better and shoot for late July or early August. Please Vote in the poll for which weekend you'd rather, feel free to vote more then once!

Now more details.

Last year Jon and I were lucky enough to stumble into a local Tacoma guy who helped us out a bunch.

Lodging can be basically free! In Lander, at the city park they allow overnight camping. Jon and I stayed there and there are tables to eat and fire pits and lots of room for tents. Its also inside town so we can always just eat out or have a BBQ with everyone. Jon and I ate at a really good place for killer breakfasts tho! We will always meet at the city park so if you decide to get a motel for a night, the rally point to leave for the trails is the city park.

As for the trails. We have heard that Shoshone Lake trail is actually fairly challenging. Please watch the below posted vids to see if your okay with taking your truck down something like that. From our reasearch, i would recommend having sliders for sure. A lift and larger tires is always nice, but doesn't seem required. If all else fails, you can always just ride with someone as im sure there will be open seats

Shoshone Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJq0...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b80O...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZJfP...eature=related

Christina Lake is suppose to be a bit easier of a run. But we haven't found a ton on it. There is a rather larger river crossing though, nothing too deep however. The actual trail itself isn't super long and is kinda a ways away to get there. But there are lots of back road to get there to keep things interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP_9E0XuL0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRV78...eature=channel

Maps:

City park..
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lander...m&z=16&iwloc=A

Trails:
http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/ORV/map...ne%20south.pdf

Stuff to have, other then the obvious camping gear: (note, none of this is required)

-Sliders would be nice
-CB Radio, VERY nice to have on trails!
-winch
-Hilift jack
-tow strap/chains

I hope there is a lot of interest in this! And i hope a few ppl can make it this time instead of just me and Jon
Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Wish you bastards had done it in Lander last summer, I'd have been there for sure. Not gonna make it this summer.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I can't make any of those dates I'll be in summer school
Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, we'll find out in a couple weeks if I get this job. If so, I'll probably still not be there for the simple fact that I'll be driving back to Vegas on weeks off. Baby comes may 10.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed you said CB is not required. Ever done a two day run with people who didn't have comms? I'd recommend you make it mandatory. That one guy without comms can screw the whole group.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd

i'll see if the lady is down for a trip up north...always looking for good ways to escape the summer heat in denver

any idea about whether any of these places have dog restrictions?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i would expect a dog friendly environment up there, but would hate to drive that far to piss off some rangers and have to turn around
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Well in the Christina lake vid they have dogs..so im fairly certain its pretty lose. Its WY..only place here i know with dog restrictions is Yellowstone...and thats cause its a National Park.

but ill double check for sure
good point...

is there camping at the lakes?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
if only you could have heard what was going on over the radio

too bad it is so far away. i think Moab will be the main trip for me this summer. i better see lots of pictures once this happens!
I heard some riding with you and Mike ha was funny.

And there will be lots of photos im sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
good point...

is there camping at the lakes?
In all Nat Forest areas up here, camping is allowed anywhere basically, pretty lose rules, tread lightly and pack out what you pack in is pretty much it. I believe the Official rule is must be 400m off any main road way(highways or maintained roads) so since we will be pretty much in the back woods, shouldn't be an issue. I wasn't really planning on camping at the lakes tho..figured Shoshone would take most the morning(12 miles long i believe) and then have a nice relaxing luncheon at the lake..then head back into a late afternoon/evening/night run.

Unless everyone wants to camp at the lakes. id be down! Ill have my RTT with me either way.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Well in the Christina lake vid they have dogs..so im fairly certain its pretty lose. Its WY..only place here i know with dog restrictions is Yellowstone...and thats cause its a National Park.

but ill double check for sure
Our family trip to yellowstone, many years ago, we took our malimute. No issues. Just keep on leash and clean up their messes (bury them) .
Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Our family trip to yellowstone, many years ago, we took our malimute. No issues. Just keep on leash and clean up their messes (bury them) .

yep those are the only "restrictions" in Jellystone..although i believe you can't bring them on some hikes too..

But again, thats a Nat Park. We will be in a Nat Forest. I know when i go to the Big horn Nat Forest or Shoshone Nat Forest we let our dogs do whatever they want for the most part.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
We shall see...

would be fun to head that way this summer for a weekend.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
It sucks..I build a truck to go play in the hills and all summer I am in the land of mosquitoes and dirt mounds(which they call hills)