Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Montana Meets - Summer 2012

Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Montana Meets - Summer 2012

Current records for longest distance traveled to attend a MT meet...
1st - HomerTaco ~ 2250 miles one way
2nd - Krap22 ~ 1200 miles one way
3rd - BrokenTusk ~ 850 miles one way
4th - derekAbraham ~ 750 miles one way
5th - Digiratus ~ 600 miles one way

So this summer is going to be a bit unusual for us MT TW'ers...

We have a few firsts happening this year. We will have our first ever July meet and we will have our first transcontinental meet attendee here in August.
So consider this to be the official meet thread for all Montana summer meets this year.

JULY "The Krappy Meet"
PICTURES ARE HERE http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post5386627
who - Krap22 + MTgirl + supraT (and guest) + BrokenTusk + SargeSlapnuts (and guests)

AUGUST "The Homer Meet"
PICTURES START HERE http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post5598091
who - HomerTaco + MTgirl + derekabraham + cowboygymnast + BrokenTusk + supraT + BlackDawg

what - zip lines tour at Big Sky and dinner on Friday. Wheeling on Saturday and Sunday
when - August 24-26
where - Independence Pass (south of Big Timber)
why - Because Homer wants a MT TW meet and we're going to roll out the red carpet for him!
how -
PARTY POOPERS - rcbs204

Natural Bridge Falls...

Links of interest:
MT meet thread
Big Sky Zipline
Lone Peak Brewery
Natural Bridge Falls State Park
Xoverland (running the same trail, video of the trail starts at about 7:45)
Map of the area
Fire restrictions
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Skyline Mine Elkhorn.kmz (4.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: kmz Skyline- route option.kmz (2.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: kmz Indpeendence Pass.kmz (8.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: kmz Whitehouse camp.kmz (1.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Greetings Homer! Fancy meeting you here
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be watching this..
Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #8

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Yeah... Just kinda stumbled onto this thread here...

Funny how that happens...you did ask for vacation during the last week of August right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
I'll be watching this..
When do you leave for the summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Hmm...
Yes? Will you be joining us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Funny how that happens...you did ask for vacation during the last week for August right?

When do you leave for the summer?

Yes? Will you be joining us?

I leave next Saturday Im thinking. Spend the night in Billings then off to Glendive, start work there the 14. Finish training then straight to Baker.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I can maybe make all 3 of those. Hard to say this far out though.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I'll bring the new Jeep Wrangler!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #12

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
I leave next Saturday Im thinking. Spend the night in Billings then off to Glendive, start work there the 14. Finish training then straight to Baker.
Bah! And I was going to be in Butte May 19-20, I was hoping you and I could have gone on a drive one of those days

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
im just here for the official uninvited list
So far that's just you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I can maybe make all 3 of those. Hard to say this far out though.
I know it seems like a long time until the meets but we have to go with what works for Adam and Craig since they are traveling such a long distance to meet up with us. Just keep the dates in mind as you plan out the rest of your summer activities!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #13

mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bah! And I was going to be in Butte May 19-20, I was hoping you and I could have gone on a drive one of those days
Ah Lame. Totally would. I found a new trail in the highlands I wanna go check out.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Those pics are awesome Ben

Quote:
I know it seems like a long time until the meets but we have to go with what works for Adam and Craig since they are traveling such a long distance to meet up with us. Just keep the dates in mind as you plan out the rest of your summer activities!
I know. Its good to plan the events that far out. I just meant I don't know what my plans are that far out. haha
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #15

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
I'll bring the new Jeep Wrangler!
You got rid of the Taco?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You got rid of the Taco?
Was thinking about the swap, have not pulled the trigger yet though!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #17

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Was thinking about the swap, have not pulled the trigger yet though!
This makes me sad. Why would you even consider getting rid of your truck?!?!?!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #19

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Hi Colter! Long time no see...are you going to be around this summer? Can we expect to maybe see you and Henry at the meets?

FWIW - I anticipate that June will either be the 8th-10th or 22nd-23rd.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #20

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This makes me sad. Why would you even consider getting rid of your truck?!?!?!
What makes it really tough, is it is paid for. So i really don't want to take on a payment. But i am always looking at whats new, never satisfied!