Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Bull Bars

Old 05-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
Red Dream has a spectacular aura aboutRed Dream has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chuck
Red Dream's Tacoma Gallery
Bull Bars

I am looking to install a stainless steel Bull Bar on my 2011 Tacoma. I read some reviews which indicate that the bar is designed with some holes built in to install lights later if desired.

The review also indicated that the bars start to rust after several weeks due to water draining into the holes. I was wondering if anyone has had that experience happen to them and if there are any "fixes" to this problem?

Thanks,
Red Dream
Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dream View Post
I am looking to install a stainless steel Bull Bar on my 2011 Tacoma. I read some reviews which indicate that the bar is designed with some holes built in to install lights later if desired.

The review also indicated that the bars start to rust after several weeks due to water draining into the holes. I was wondering if anyone has had that experience happen to them and if there are any "fixes" to this problem?

Thanks,
Red Dream
If you buy a good quality stainless steel bar it will not rust.
Mine is regular steel and painted. I've had it for many years now and it is still going strong.
The lights are typically attached to brackets that are either welded on or screwed to the bar, depending on the brand.

Many people on this site will hate on the idea of a bull bar, but don't let that discourage you. I have one and I like it.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
Red Dream has a spectacular aura aboutRed Dream has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chuck
Red Dream's Tacoma Gallery
Bull Bar

Thanks for the replies. I am looking at a Westin Bar and from what I hear they are good quality so I may just give it try. Thanks again for the info.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Dont order 6in lights. I regreted doing that.