1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bull Bars

Discussion in 'North West' started by Red Dream, May 27, 2012.

1. May 27, 2012 at 5:39 AM
    Red Dream

Red Dream [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Seattle,wa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma. Red in color
    I am looking to install a stainless steel Bull Bar on my 2011 Tacoma. I read some reviews which indicate that the bar is designed with some holes built in to install lights later if desired.

The review also indicated that the bars start to rust after several weeks due to water draining into the holes. I was wondering if anyone has had that experience happen to them and if there are any "fixes" to this problem?

Thanks,
    Red Dream

2. May 27, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I have a non stainless bull bar, I live where roads are salted, and I have no visible rust. But you could stuff the holes with some sort of puddy for preventative maintinence.

3. May 27, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    If you buy a good quality stainless steel bar it will not rust.
    Mine is regular steel and painted. I've had it for many years now and it is still going strong.
    The lights are typically attached to brackets that are either welded on or screwed to the bar, depending on the brand.

Many people on this site will hate on the idea of a bull bar, but don't let that discourage you. I have one and I like it.

4. May 27, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    Red Dream

Red Dream [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Seattle,wa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma. Red in color
    Thanks for the replies. I am looking at a Westin Bar and from what I hear they are good quality so I may just give it try. Thanks again for the info.

5. May 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Mine is Westin as well

6. May 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Dont order 6in lights. I regreted doing that.

Products Discussed in

To Top