Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

WTB Warn winch local (PDX)

Old 06-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Warn winch local (PDX)

Looking for a good condition M8000 if anyone wants to sell one.... I wish they had a outlet at their headquarters....
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
munkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant futuremunkel has a brilliant future

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Mark, I'll check that out!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkel View Post
Thanks Mark, I'll check that out!
Where do you plan on mounting yours?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #6

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bumper in the works, should be here in a few weeks.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have a bumper in the works, should be here in a few weeks.
I want to have a custom bumper/guard built that sits in front of my stock bumper as i wana keep it on.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #8

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
I want to have a custom bumper/guard built that sits in front of my stock bumper as i wana keep it on.
Or you could have a front receiver installed and get a portable winch, run it in back or front....
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Or you could have a front receiver installed and get a portable winch, run it in back or front....
Exactly. Worth it.

Or just get a brush guard
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Not to thread jack, but how are the portable winches powered? I know for the warns you have a controller box under the hood and have to wire it all up. I like things nice and tidy under there but I love the idea of being able to switch back to front, is it a clean setup or do you just do everything temporary?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #11

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
pretty clean, in a nutshell you run a 0 or 1 gauge pair of cables to each end of the truck from the battery and it has a special 175 amp plug on it. It can be done very clean and it can also power other items as well like jumper cables with a plug on them etc.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #12

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
oh, and the controller box is on the winch for a portable one I believe. You would only need the large cables under the hood from the battery to the front and back.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #13

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Well I sucked it up and ordered a new M8000 and a new steel hawse fairlead today from warnfactoryoutlet.com. Thanks to Mark for the link.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Never thought about that but that be sick. Could just throw that beezy in my tool box! I'll have to find a front reciever write up
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
Tacoma Susp. Confuses Me
e34croak is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
e34croak's Tacoma Gallery
Do you plan on keeping your factory bumper for any particular reason?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #16

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm keeping mine for when I sell the truck. It has a dent in it unfortunately.