Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

looking to move to portland in the next few weeks any advice on what areas

Old 06-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
looking to move to portland in the next few weeks any advice on what areas

title pretty much says it all , myself and a couple friends are moving out there soon to play music, the only really thing we need to be close to is public transport

Thanks, Cody
Old 06-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
from michigan, i should probably change that, and i have no idea i didn't pick the city i just said i was ok with it and anyone who i have talked to about it never has much bad t osay
Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
I live in the Woodstock area, which is SE Portland. I like Belmont to Woodstock or Reed...and no further east than 72nd. If your band has a trailer, look for a place with solid off street parking. Honestly everything varies so much street to street it makes it tough to suggest an area. Check out Woodstock, Sellwood, Lauralhurst, Belmont, Hawthorne and maybe Arleta-Broadway. NW Portland is real nice, parking and no yards pushed me to the other side of the river. I wanted to like St. Johns but it's went further downhill from how I remembered it back in 2004ish.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Dont do it!!!! Lol.. Jk. I would just stay away from inner portland areas.. Too many weirdos and druggies...
But outer area's like beaverton, gresham And im sure theres others are pretty nice.....
Old 06-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on your lifestyle. Do you go to clubs/bars every weekend? Do you like lively bars, dive bars, clubs, country bars, etc...

As for public transportation the MAX runs from Gresham to Hillsboro. Personally I would stay away from Gresham if you want to live close to the Max. Violence follows the Max tracks. I, Jason, Zach and Joe live in the Beaverton/Tigard area. 15 minute to downtown Portland without all the bullshit of Portland.

If you have specific questions ask away. I'm a medic in Portland so I know the good and bad places to live
Old 06-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #7

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
thanks again guys, those are pretty much the areas that other people have told us, are there any places to watch out for in beaverton, they seem to have good house prices, also it would be nice to be close to bars to be able to go to/run an open mic and able to go to shows
Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #8

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Well we just made it here today, and will be camping until we find a place to stay, anyone able to reccommend a decent campground?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Like tent camping? I don't think there are any places in the metro area for that. Browns camp is 30 minutes to the west off of hwy 6
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #10

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
we just got a campsite out at barton west, was the first place we found with power and water so we took it , starting the search for a place to live tommorow, any good recommendations for places to eat or go during the search ?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #11

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
firewood

so does anyone want to sell me some firewood, im amazed and the price a poor quality of gas station firewood
Old 06-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #12

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Almost dinner bump
Old 06-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
Short Sweet & Hard to beat!
craignthem08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Pineapple
craignthem08's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

I've lived in the Portland area for about 30+ years now. I've seen changes of course. I personally live out in the Sandy area, I like it cause its close to the mountain and to town but has that small town feel. Clackamas is a nice area as well. The MAX runs to Clakamas town center which is the big mall for the area. Soon it will be running to Oregon City. I would agree to stay away from the inner parts of Portland. But Good Luck and Welcome!!!!