Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Need to borrow a spanner wrench please!!

Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Need to borrow a spanner wrench please!!

So I threw on some icon shocks and uca's then my new tires. I had the tires on my old taco set at about 2.5-3" of lift and the icons come preloaded at 2" without a spanner. So I was wondering if a very nice person local to the Seattle/auburn area could help me out and let me borrow a wrench so I can drive my truck. The tires rub way to much and I can't hardly turn! I would only need it for a day and you can be there while I do it or I can return to your house when done. I'll even Pay a rental fee for your generosity!

Thanks for reading
Moe
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend buying a screwdriver with the appropriate diameter shaft on it (#3 phillips for FOX CO's) and cutting the end off to substitute for a spanner. This has worked great for me and i actually prefer it over a spanner wrench because it gives you a lot more leverage and gets your hand out away from the UCA and coilover and everything else in the way. Just my .02, hope it helps...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Stolen from elsewhere on TW...

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could just use a 1/4 inch punch, or whatever size it needs. 1/4 inch punch worked for my Walker Evans'
Old 06-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Dam good thinking sir! I actually ended up using a small deep well socket that fit really good then put an extension on it. Thanks for the input tho. Another great idea
Old 06-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Dam good thinking sir! I actually ended up using a small deep well socket that fit really good then put an extension on it. Thanks for the input tho. Another great idea
I can't take credit for the idea thats for sure, thank you Google and TW back when i put CO's on my truck!