Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

NW WA meet thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #21
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
i am going camping the last weekend of july very close to cle elum. i'll be at salmon la sac. its an annual trip that has been the same group of people going for over 20 years now. i'm keeping that cle elum trail bit in mind for awhile now...
Old 06-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
just moved to Seattle!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Woo!

I was gonna talk to you guys at the mod day about the CG, been looking into maybe joining for awhile.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down for Fortune Creek on Sunday! I'm going to be camping in Ellensburg this weekend and will be heading back sunday morning. I would love to meet up in Cle Elum on the way back and have an adventure!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #25
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner316 View Post
I would be down for Fortune Creek on Sunday! I'm going to be camping in Ellensburg this weekend and will be heading back sunday morning. I would love to meet up in Cle Elum on the way back and have an adventure!
I have a place over there, north of town up in the hills. Where are you stayin at?
Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #26
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
So 4Runner316 might not be able to access TW for the weekend since he's camping. If anybody is headed to Fortune Creek on Sunday, let me know and I'll let him know. I won't be able to make it since I have to do some Father's Day stuff I forgot about.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So had a few hours before work on Friday and decided to hit some trails. Took exit 38 off I-90 and worked my way to the bottom of FS 9020 which was very easy to find. This is the area:
http://binged.it/Ktg7R5

The trail covered from ~2000ft in elevation up to 3200ft. We could see snow not much further up on neighboring peaks. Up to a certain point, the trail was mild. Then we reached a rockslide that blocked the road:

No problemo. Then a bit further up, there was a cool stream crossing:

A bit of a narrow pucker moment here:

Lots of rock wash:

Near the very top, somebody had set up a shooting range. If you look closely you can see targets up high and down low:

Since I had the M&P with me, we pulled off for some target shooting (and picked up a bunch of garbage people left behind). I saw some other service roads on the neiboring peaks that looked cool. I'm going to do some more research and get back to everybody. Overall a fun time and got to test the new lift a bit.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #30

I can do any time Friday, Saturday or Sunday next weekend. I can also do Tuesday afternoon. If we have an entire day next weekend, I'd also be game to try that Fortune Creek Trail.

I am planning on running up to the Hancock Tree Farm for an hour or so early Sunday morning to check out some hunting spots, but can't take anybody with me who doesn't have a pass unfortunately: http://binged.it/Ktipzz

It would be awesome if some of the TW people had he same pass

The Hancock pass is a bit pricey at $250/year, but gives access to all the gated forest land between North Bend and Highway 2 which is 120K acres. Obviously there are endless trails to explore, but it's more suited for exploring the great outdoors, hunting and fishing than just wheeling.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Well, my Ellensburg camping spot was a bust. I hadn't been there in over 5 years and I was just hoping that it was still available. It is now "private property" with signs clearly posted. It was about 15 miles south of Ellensburg on Canyon Road. There were nearby BLM $15 a night spots, so I stayed there friday night and then headed to a Cle Elum spot that I was already familiar with from Coyote hunting - Elk Heights Road. I stayed there Saturday night and definitely enjoyed my new "SPORTZ" tent!

As far as our next meet goes - I should be free this Saturday. Hopefully we can all meet up.
Attached Thumbnails
NW WA meet thread-2012-06-16-12.59.12.jpg   NW WA meet thread-2012-06-16-12.59.37.jpg   NW WA meet thread-2012-06-16-17.58.50.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #32
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner316 View Post
Well, my Ellensburg camping spot was a bust. I hadn't been there in over 5 years and I was just hoping that it was still available. It is now "private property" with signs clearly posted. It was about 15 miles south of Ellensburg on Canyon Road. There were nearby BLM $15 a night spots, so I stayed there friday night and then headed to a Cle Elum spot that I was already familiar with from Coyote hunting - Elk Heights Road. I stayed there Saturday night and definitely enjoyed my new "SPORTZ" tent!

As far as our next meet goes - I should be free this Saturday. Hopefully we can all meet up.
OMG!! That is a GREAT tent!! And a place for fido!! Compact and easy to move - I have seen those in catalogs but never in "person"...sounds like a great time. I got rained on this weekend but still had fun. Makes Eastern Washington look that much better!!

Thanks for posting!!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #33
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Here it is for all us tacos in the NW WA area. I know there is a lot of us here in the Seattle area so let's go wheeling!

YFZ450MOE
Forster
Penguins CC
Arsolo
GreenHatter
westcstriderz
Netdep
Sabre
BrettBretterson
TacoDog
BenWA
ChickenMunga
4runner316
Smar969905
Andercal000
LVTheMadness11

If you want your name here and it isn't let me know
If your name is in here and you don't want it in here let me know!
Add me please. I'm in Olympia and would love to go wheeling / exploring with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Depends on where we go, but I was thinking of hitting the Fortune Creek Trail which is 90 minutes away. Found some links here:
Map: http://www.nwjeepn.com/Maps/CleElumTrails.pdf
Pics: http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=774&page=1
Some Write-Ups:
http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-trails-ta...a-14805/page2/

http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1923

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152609

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f313/...stions-816716/

You think that's too far or do-able? I am estimating we could be back by 4PM?
This looks like it could be fun and not too difficult. I am usually free on weekends, but have camping plans for the next 2 weekends. I'd like to go up Hawkin's Mine Mountain, and check out the view. Good find
Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #34
rideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
rideexileex's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah - add me up to the list. Wheeling local is so much easier...
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideexileex View Post
Yeah - add me up to the list. Wheeling local is so much easier...
I hear that!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #36
Very nice how much?

I think I trip in that arear would be awesome. I would head down to redmond for the weekend then its just a short drive.

I'm hoping to get new shocks for the front here this week.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #38

Haven't been to Evans Creek personally but I've heard it dishes out some body damage.

Let's decide on something for Saturday because I definitely want to hit the trails again - should we hit that Fortune Creek trail and see what happens?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list Im up in anacortes

Products Discussed in this Thread