Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

NW WA meet thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #41
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
OK everybody interested in a run to Fortune Creek this weekend, PM me and I'll add you to the list:
PENGUINS_CC (Confirmed)
YFZ450MOE (Confirmed)
RIDEEXILEEX (Confirmed)
TINKER_TROY (Confirmed)
4RUNNER316 (Confirmed)
BorisTheBear (Sent contact info)

I can organize the 'where' and 'when' to meet part. Saturday the 23rd is the date folks! I personally don't plan to stay overnight this trip but let us know if that's what you are thinking.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #42
rideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
rideexileex's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably join in - anyone else done this before? Are there any obstacles at all to play on?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
a moe!
could you add me? thanks

this weekend huh? Hmmmm
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
OK everybody interested in a run to Fortune Creek this weekend, PM me and I'll add you to the list:
PENGUINS_CC
YFZ450MOE
APORTIS72

I can organize the 'where' and 'when' to meet part. Saturday the 23rd is the date folks! I personally don't plan to stay overnight this trip but let us know if that's what you are thinking.
Can't make it this weekend, I will be camping/hiking in Ohanapecosh. Have fun and take some pics if you guys go!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #45
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
no go for me. sad thing is august is starting to fill up for me now too. i need more weekends...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #46
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
a moe!
could you add me? thanks

this weekend huh? Hmmmm
Added you to the list to jack up the peer pressure
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideexileex View Post
I'll probably join in - anyone else done this before? Are there any obstacles at all to play on?

Added.

Aside from the links I posted, I don't have any personal experience. Looking on maps though, there looks to be a bunch of trails and FS roads in the area. In general I've found that in those types of areas if the place you're going isn't what you expected, there are tons of other trails immediately nearby to explore.

I'd be interested in finding a nice campsite for sometime in the future as well.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smar969905 View Post
no go for me. sad thing is august is starting to fill up for me now too. i need more weekends...
You, sir are a big ol beeaatch.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Where should we meet and what time on Saturday mr penguin?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #50
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of getting the new all-pro winch bumper

Sweet!! I'm in - See you guys on saturday!!

- sorry for the strange title - meant to post that in a new thread!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #51
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I wanna go I love fs roads. I can't make it this weekend though. I'm open any other weekends though besides july 6-8 for future reference
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #52

Gotcha Forster - let's plan for next time.

I'm personally out of town on business weekend of the 29th. I'll be in Reno, too bad I can't take the Taco. Looks like a lot of cool places there to take the trucks.

Just ordered a CB today (midland 75 and the Lil' Wil and SWR meter). Figure that will get me started until i decide if I want a more permanent antenna. Hoping I can play around with in on the trails Saturday...
Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #53
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
1. It's a good task for a mod day. One word of caution, there's a few guys around who have had bad luck with AP's bumpers fitting up. Maybe they fixed all that in the new design? I'd still go with ATO, CBI, Relentless, ARB, etc.

2. Describe your usage. If you are with a group of other winches or plan on using it recreationally, I would consider a WARN VR series or a Harbor Freight. WARN's name is unquestionable, Harbor Freight came in 3rd in a torture test. If you are planning to venture out on your own, save lives, or need to save your own, consider a WARN or Superwinch.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #54
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
1. It's a good task for a mod day. One word of caution, there's a few guys around who have had bad luck with AP's bumpers fitting up. Maybe they fixed all that in the new design? I'd still go with ATO, CBI, Relentless, ARB, etc.

2. Describe your usage. If you are with a group of other winches or plan on using it recreationally, I would consider a WARN VR series or a Harbor Freight. WARN's name is unquestionable, Harbor Freight came in 3rd in a torture test. If you are planning to venture out on your own, save lives, or need to save your own, consider a WARN or Superwinch.
No mile marker?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #55
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really have much experience with mile marker. I just read another review, and it looks like T-Max is another good option.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #56
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
I don't really have much experience with mile marker. I just read another review, and it looks like T-Max is another good option.
Isn't T-Max a warn sub model. There first sub models I believe
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Where should we meet and what time on Saturday mr penguin?

I was thinking 09:00AM at the Burger King in North Bend:
736 SW Mt Si Blvd
North Bend, WA 98045

If people would rather meet closer to the destination, we can meet at Scottie's Coffee House at 10:15AM (I don't know anything about Roslyn but hey, it's just a place to meet). We should plan to meet at the Burger King as we won't stop at Scottie's unless somebody is waiting for us there:
50 N 245 Rd, Roslyn, WA 98941

Everybody needs to get a US National Forest Pass. This is not the same as the WA State Discovery Pass. You can can get a pass at the North Bend Ranger station Saturday morning which opens at 08:00AM. That's what I plan to do. Pass is $30/year or $5/day. Does not appear the Ranger station in Cle Elum will be open on Saturday.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #58
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
I was thinking 09:00AM at the Burger King in North Bend:
736 SW Mt Si Blvd
North Bend, WA 98045

If people would rather meet closer to the destination, we can meet at Scottie's Coffee House at 10:15AM (I don't know anything about Roslyn but hey, it's just a place to meet). We should plan to meet at the Burger King as we won't stop at Scottie's unless somebody is waiting for us there:
50 N 245 Rd, Roslyn, WA 98941

Everybody needs to get a US National Forest Pass to go wheeling from what I understand. This is not the same as the WA Forest Discovery Pass. I think we can get a pass at the Ranger station at the trailhead but I'll double check and let you guys know right away.
Looks like your gonna have yourself a good old fashioned I-90 convoy
Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #59
rideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shedrideexileex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
rideexileex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotcha Forster - let's plan for next time.

I'm personally out of town on business weekend of the 29th. I'll be in Reno, too bad I can't take the Taco. Looks like a lot of cool places there to take the trucks.

Just ordered a CB today (midland 75 and the Lil' Wil and SWR meter). Figure that will get me started until i decide if I want a more permanent antenna. Hoping I can play around with in on the trails Saturday...
Hey, will you please bring that SWR meter??? I know it's being cheap on my end, but I just switched from a 3ft to 4ft antenna and haven't yet checked the SWR

Btw - the lil wil is an awesome antenna
Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideexileex View Post
Hey, will you please bring that SWR meter??? I know it's being cheap on my end, but I just switched from a 3ft to 4ft antenna and haven't yet checked the SWR

Btw - the lil wil is an awesome antenna

Sorry - the SWR meter will probably not arrive in time for Saturday (same with the Lil' Wil) It's scheduled for sometime the following week to deliver. I will probably just do the Midland without the whip for the day to get my feet wet in the world of CBs and fine tune for the next outing. Feel free to use it any time once i get the unit.

Products Discussed in this Thread