Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

NW WA meet thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #841
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
  • Current Trip: Evans Creek, and possibly Surprise Lake trail
  • When: Sunday 12/2/12
  • Where to Meet: Fred Meyer Parking Lot in Bonney Lake
  • Meet Time: Meet @ 9:00am, head out around 9:30am
  • Permits Required: Northwest Forest Pass REQUIRED: Info/purchasing HERE
  • Communication: CB (Ch.22)
  • Vehicle *recommendations*: Armor, sliders, 2"+ lift, 32"+ tires, RECOVERY GEAR (winch, hi-lift, shackles, recovery straps, snow chains, recovery/tow points etc.)

Who's Going:
Ben (Benson X)
Mike (Chickenmunga) passenger
Josh (LAoffroadin)
Tallon (55chevy05taco) & 4Runner buddy
Matt (MRies717)
Will (penguins_cc)
Moe (YFZ450MOE) & Yota buddy
Troy (tinker troy)

Possible Trail Run (TBD by weather & everyone's comfort/skill level):

Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #842
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down also.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #844
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAoffroadin View Post
Looking for a winch and sliders. Any help on good deals in used parts?
use that Superwinch 50% off coupon Mike posted a couple pages back.

For sliders: I have heard good things about 4xInnovations slider kits. You need to weld them up but it's a pretty damn good deal for the price, or you could always get bolt-ons.

I just put the recommendations up there more as a disclaimer, not to scare anyone away from going.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #847
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Used sliders isn't going to happen, mostly because they are a weld-on part. Some additional choices:

Brute Force Fab
BAMF
CBI
Relentless (lead time might be 8 months last I heard??)
Armor Tech Offroad (ATO)
Demello
Beefed
Famous Fab
Elite Fab (lead time might be very long, Tim is taking classes)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #848
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
DCLB or DCSB?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #849
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Nice - looking forward to wheeling someplace new on the 2nd!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #851
frycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 11B2V
Name: Zach
frycook's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to go!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #852
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down but don't have winch or sliders yet so doubtful. Do you just drive between the offroad barriers at beginning of trails? Because it doesnt really look like my truck could fit when I went up there once to check it out. I only saw quads and smaller ATV's going through. I may have been at the wrong trail enterance though. I drove up to the camp ground and all trail enterances looked the same.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #853
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF 30% off!!!

Seriously, there is going to be a pallet of swag coming to the Seattle area. Good chance to save on shipping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Used sliders isn't going to happen, mostly because they are a weld-on part. Some additional choices:

Brute Force Fab
BAMF
CBI
Relentless (lead time might be 8 months last I heard??)
Armor Tech Offroad (ATO)
Demello
Beefed
Famous Fab
Elite Fab (lead time might be very long, Tim is taking classes)
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #854
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
I'd be down but don't have winch or sliders yet so doubtful. Do you just drive between the offroad barriers at beginning of trails? Because it doesnt really look like my truck could fit when I went up there once to check it out. I only saw quads and smaller ATV's going through. I may have been at the wrong trail enterance though. I drove up to the camp ground and all trail enterances looked the same.
Not every one needs a winch, it just proves helpful. Sliders are much more important unless you are really good or really not caring.

I know a guy who fit an H2 between the poles so we should be fine.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #855
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting pretty stoked! Hopefully I have my winch wired up before Sunday! Or we won't be spooling any cable mike.

Anyone have an extra cb antenna laying around?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #856
...and we're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
I'm getting pretty stoked! Hopefully I have my winch wired up before Sunday! Or we won't be spooling any cable mike.

Anyone have an extra cb antenna laying around?
I had one, sold it on CL for $20...sorry Moe!

Trail report from our TSF Trip on Saturday: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post6049616
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #857
55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tallon
55chevy05taco's Tacoma Gallery
I won't have a winch by this weekend :-( xmas )-: but Im almost done w my sliders!!!

Then Im gonna put in a cb, from what I understand, a cheap cb works Jus fine if u have a good antenna? Any comments? Or suggestions on either?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #858
Nuggety

At this point all I have is conjecture. The only helpful thing I have to say is that it comes down to space vs. features. Bigger units have more features, smaller units fit into nice places. Ben and I have the Cobra 19 DX, you can check our builds for creative stowage on the unit. However a bigger unit with deluxe stuff might get you channel scan, ability to self tune, multi-watch, etc., but you have to take up the whole middle console or strap it to the back of it, or take up leg space or...
Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #859
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
looks like this may not be so conducive to a stock taco, which is what I am rolling in. thinking that i have to drop out due to more crap piling up at home I have to take care of. on a happy note, my wifey just put in her 2 weeks notice at her current job and has a new one starting soon where she is going to get a $3 pay raise from where she is at.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #860
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'm out guys - got a date with a lady friend on Sunday. Plus, sliders/winch aren't on yet.

Next time, though for sure.

I think a group trip up to BC is in order for this Spring?

Products Discussed in this Thread