1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW WA Meet / BS Thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Benson X, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Mar 28, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Is Jeverich out of town? If not, he might be willing to hook you up for a few bucks.

2. Mar 28, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Again, just to see if anyone is interested in helping.

Next Saturday, the 4th, my Auburn house. Packing furniture into a uhaul, moving to my new house in Renton. Unpacking furniture. It really will only be furniture since I will try to move all the boxes before.

I should have a few other people joining, any there isn't a ton of stuff. Living room, 3 bedrooms, some stuff in the garage and the shed.

3. Mar 28, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    Its pretty easy to do yourself if you have one other person, just unbolt your stock one and bolt this one on.

4. Mar 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM
    AWilson013

AWilson013 Almighty Dirt King

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX 470 Sport
    Matte Grey SCS F5s - 255/80R17 ST Maxx - Front Runner Slimline II - CVT Tent/Awning - 35w Morimoto HID Low Beams - LED High Beams - LED Fogs - AFE Dry Filter - BP-51s - Dirt King UCAs
    That should make lifting the 5th gen pretty cheap... :D

5. Mar 29, 2015 at 1:14 AM
    ninernation

ninernation Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    TRDOR
    OME, ALUCAB, RCI
    Good on you for catching it. They recently scratched one of mine but I didn't catch it until over 100 miles later; to late to prove. 4runner looks awesome.

6. Mar 29, 2015 at 4:21 AM
    Izzy

Izzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    dont u need like torque tools?

7. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    NorthwestCruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Probably need a torque wrench to tighten them properly but Greddy will comment, he did his not to long ago by himself. If you want to pay someone you can also check out VMI off road, they are up in bellinham and i've heard good things about that shop.

8. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    A torque wrench will run you 40 bucks. A shop will charge you 75 an hour.

9. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    NorthwestCruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    If your lucky, shops around me are $95 an hour.

10. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    Greddy

Greddy Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    It's a Tacoma, white n black, DCLB
    Front & Rear HC Bumper with Swing Out, Full Skids, Icon CO's and UCA's, Dakar w/AAL, Icon Rear Shocks and U-bolt flip, w/Superbumps. 17" XD Wheels, 34" BFG KM3s, CB/Ham Radio, 10% Tint, Snugtop, WeatherTech Mats and Deflectors, Rigid Fog Lights, UltraGauge, TRD Seatcovers, On-Board CO2 and 20L fuel. Roof Top Tent. AirFlow Snork, smittybilt winch, 20" light bar.
    You don't even need to torque it to a specific measurement, just tighten it up as solid as you can. My bumper has 6 bolts holding it on. all torqued to as tight as i can get em.

11. Mar 29, 2015 at 12:08 PM
    ready6delta

ready6delta REGULAR GUY

Member:
    First Name:
    JACOB
    Finally back in the PNW! Lake Stevens/ Olympia
    Vehicle:
    Black pinstriped 2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    IT NEVER ENDS..........
    St maxx is gonna look sweet with those and you will love them as I do mine!

12. Mar 29, 2015 at 6:50 PM
    AWilson013

AWilson013 Almighty Dirt King

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX 470 Sport
    Matte Grey SCS F5s - 255/80R17 ST Maxx - Front Runner Slimline II - CVT Tent/Awning - 35w Morimoto HID Low Beams - LED High Beams - LED Fogs - AFE Dry Filter - BP-51s - Dirt King UCAs
    Tight is good enough. I really don't use a torque wrench of anything but lugs, engine components, and some suspension parts though...

13. Mar 29, 2015 at 8:49 PM
    Izzy

Izzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    well then i will try to do it myself...more fun that way anyway.

14. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Yeah holy crap I know I overthink torque sometimes too but a bumper is not Sometbing to over think. Just tighten them down good and if youre really paranoid try to loosen them by hand occasionally. If they're not hand tight they're not going anywhere ;)

15. Mar 30, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I used to be cranking down on the bolts for my skid plates until I looked it up and the torque is around 30 lbs

16. Mar 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM
    Peewee

Peewee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Seattle, WA
    2008 TRD DCSB
    Sorry for the late responses, i only am able to get on here a few days at a time.
    Oh ok, that's great. might rub a bit when on the trails and off camber, but at least i know i don't have to lift it right away. I have the stock rims right now, i've thought about maybe spraypainting them black or something. Go for something a little more unique.
    On the subject of the lift, has anybody had experience with lifting their vehicle and had a diminished towing capacity? Tacomas have a 6500lbs towing capacity, but, with a lift... i'm not sure, i welcome opinions. Not that i got my Tacoma just to tow with it ;) lol

Ouch dude. So sorry about the wreck. I'd be happy to come over and turn some wrenches if i could. I know the feeling, my neighbor rearended my old jeep and insurance ended up totaling it. Heartbroken... Look at the bright side, nobody was hurt, and everything will be taken care of. On the plus side, the bumper looks salvageable... probably tear that thing off and put it on the next one! Hope nothing gets sore over the next few days? Do you know if the insurance is gonna total it or fix it?

Don't feel bad for asking for help. We'd love to come over and help. or if you just need someone to talk to.

17. Mar 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.

Thanks a TON everyone! If you have a chance to meet or wheel with Charles (Cykososhull) what a blast do not miss out. :D Great to hear from you Charles! We have to do another meet this year.

So the estimate for my truck was about $12K. It will take about a month to fix but I'm glad it will be repaired back to its old self. The bumper as noted had no damage and protected the winch. Things such as the lights behind the grill and the dual battery system look like they still work. No frame damage, but the driver's side LCA at least is a bit bent so there will be some suspension repairs. I have a Subaru Legacy in the meantime.

I'm not sure about people getting hurt, etc. There was a 8 month pregnant gal, her husband and another child in the car seat when I ran up to check on them right after it happened. Talk about feeling like shit. People seemed OK after the accident but they have a lawyer talking with my insurance company, etc. Nothing I can really do about it - I've thought about it plenty. I was driving slowly in traffic just going to work not driving aggressively or anything and shit went haywire. I haven't even had an accident claim before. Thank god for insurance.

As Mike mentioned, I am glad I didn't spend a weekend working on my lug nut / hub issues since the bumper tore right through the tire and bent the wheel. I had taken the frame reinforcement plates off my bumper last month to work on my fenders and had not yet re-installed them. I think that prevented a lot worse damage to the other car and kind of let my crumple zone absorb the impact.

I'm still ready to help wrench and entertain with my chemical consumption party tricks if we want to do some modding in the meantime.

18. Mar 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.

I'm with you - I've always wanted to make that trip. Bucket list. Maybe someday after I get some lockers and regear.

19. Mar 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Will, try looking into Dirt King LCAs. Seems to be the new hotness on the mid travel bs thread.

20. Mar 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Any chance you could tell your insurance that you had a LT Front suspension and you'd need the money to get it repaired ;)

For real though glad everything seems to be working out. That sucks about the lawyer getting involved. Hope all goes well for ya!

Products Discussed in

To Top