Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

NW WA meet thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #1921
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
We missed you too David! I would totally be down for wheeling this weekend, but I will be busy all day Sat/Sun.

There is talk of trying to get a trip for May, possibly Tahuya or somewhere close to home. I didn't get a chance to run Yellow Jacket hill when we went to Tahuya last year, so I'd be down for that.

What about Naches or Manastash Ridge?

I'm busy for the next few weeks as well. Certification test in mid-May and behind at work. 2nd half of May sounds good though...
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #1922
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Naches/Manastash still might be snowy, but if you can get a report from there, it would be cool. I'm still interested in going back to Greenwater since the only time I went is when we got stopped by snow.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #1923
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Naches/Manastash still might be snowy, but if you can get a report from there, it would be cool. I'm still interested in going back to Greenwater since the only time I went is when we got stopped by snow.
Is that the Gallagher lake trail outside Roslyn? Whatever trail I went on with Moe and Troy. Wouldn't mind trying to make it up there again too, beautiful area.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #1924
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Well looks like the kid (I'm still trying to name him Optimus prime) may be born this weekend. If I'm a good hubby and do more than my share until the end of may I hope to come out then.

Those places sound fun!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #1925
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
What about Naches or Manastash Ridge?

I'm busy for the next few weeks as well. Certification test in mid-May and behind at work. 2nd half of May sounds good though...
There is no way you'll be able to get thru Manastash ridge right now. That is over 6,000'. It'll be July before anything that high will be passable. The Naches wagon train trail itself is officially closed every year until July 15.

The naches area off of 410 on the other side, is lower elevation and will be accessible sooner. You can probably get to funny rocks/moon rocks in June, maybe a little sooner.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #1926
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
There is no way you'll be able to get thru Manastash ridge right now. That is over 6,000'. It'll be July before anything that high will be passable. The Naches wagon train trail itself is officially closed every year until July 15.

The naches area off of 410 on the other side, is lower elevation and will be accessible sooner. You can probably get to funny rocks/moon rocks in June, maybe a little sooner.
Looks like I'll be postponing that Imnaha trip Mike; you may beat me out there...

Talked to the ranger; Highway 39 is still impassable and Lord Flat is closed. Think I may head out to Crater Lake this weekend.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #1927
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Looks like I'll be postponing that Imnaha trip Mike; you may beat me out there...

Talked to the ranger; Highway 39 is still impassable and Lord Flat is closed. Think I may head out to Crater Lake this weekend.
Sorry to hear that. Crater lake is cool tho. Will be lots of snow there too. haha
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #1928
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Sorry to hear that. Crater lake is cool tho. Will be lots of snow there too. haha
That will probably have an insane amount.

I went up there in the car one year when I was in college and it spooked me out - sky was totally grey, snow all over, somewhat low visibility. Just unsettling.

Then again, I have some paranoia of being in places where I feel like I'm all alone and I'm closed in somehow, or I can see 'too far'. Very hard to explain, I get the feeling in large open fields as well. Best example that I know of is at Fort Klamath. Google street view doesn't do it justice, you just have to go there and think about what I'm saying.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #1929
arsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedarsolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
arsolo's Tacoma Gallery
Im actually planning a camping trip to Naches at the end of June with some friends. Be awesome if we could get a meet out there that weekend. Im going to be out there the weekend of june 22-23.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #1930
Nuggety

that's the same weekend as the annual TSF meet, so some of us will be down that way.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #1932
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsolo View Post
Oh sweet. Got a link to it so I can keep up on it Mike?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-calendar.html
Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #1935
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chevy05taco View Post
How difficult are those trails
some of what I posted last night:

Quote:
The veterans are getting videos and photos put up here, and you can determine which trails look best for you. I suggest writing down the ones you would like to do and we will try to get the run organized to hit those.
I'm putting up some videos tonight, but I wanted to show this video here to give you a summed up idea of difficulty levels and what the trails will be like.

The first part is a trail called Cedar Tree, which is marked blue for medium difficulty. The hardest parts will be narrow turns, which you can see at 1:00.
At 1:30, the video shows the upper portion of Firebreak 5. Depending on condition of the trail, the difficulty varies. It's a black (hard) trail, though this portion isn't too bad. At 2:00 is the midpoint of that trail, and you get an idea of what a black trail really is.
At 5:00, we get to another blue trail called Ample & Alluring, but I'd just about rate it a green trail. It's steep as hell, but there's nothing else to it.
The night run is a separate trail and it's too dark to really give you an idea of much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAmmTxBW1cI
Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #1936
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
some of what I posted last night:
Looks fun!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #1937
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
That place looks super fun man. Any carnage?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #1939
55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tallon
55chevy05taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
That place looks super fun man. Any carnage?
If my long bed can make it ur golden!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #1940
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Whats going guys? So ill be moving to Washington soon, ill most likely be there in June. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself to the group and hope to get to know you guys better. My taco is a 2011 Sport with the following mods:

K&N CAI
MBRP Catback
Pro Comp 3in Lift
CCFL Halo projector head lights
Ultra motorsport Gauntlet 17in Rims
285/75/17 nitto terra grapplers

there are a few other mods that ive done but nothing too serious, ill be going to Ft. Lewis and hoping to do some trail riding with you guys.

i posted this in another thread as well so i can meet some people

Products Discussed in this Thread