Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

The Magruder/Lolo Motorway BS Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Ya but Brady...come on..Mike Ben mark and I won't be there..
I know. haha, but I don't have a choice. I will be gone for 2 weeks and your meet overlaps that 2 weeks. Plus Moab is closer to me than Elk City... and Big Timber is closer to me than Moab, so it would be a much shorter drive.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #45
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Mark - Brady,
Yes, Mike is talking about the same place that I am taking everyone to for the MT meet later in August. They want to do it but can't make it the weekend of the MT meet.
Quote:
Independence will be a two day run as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I know. haha, but I don't have a choice. I will be gone for 2 weeks and your meet overlaps that 2 weeks. Plus Moab is closer to me than Elk City... and Big Timber is closer to me than Moab, so it would be a much shorter drive.
mother of god im getting lost haha! So if im getting this right, the magruder meet is meet in grangeville, wheel for 2 days go to darby, then you guys want to go fron darby to....some place in MT to wheel the trail that lisa is doing for the MT meet. Then drive home.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #46
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
It would be an honor to join you fellows again

where at/how far/how long will independence take? In the op it talked about lolo but apparently that is a no go, and i didn't see much about independence. As far as the magruder part of it, starting in graingeville and camping for the 13th and 14th i dont really see any issues with that.
If we do Independence Pass trail (or Lolo for that matter), it will be another 2 nights on the trail most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
So what exactly is the trip at this point? I got that Mcgruder is a go. And Lolo is out so you are doing Independence Pass instead? I assume that is the same Independence Pass that being done for the Aug MT meet?

and the dates are going to be the 13-15 of Aug?
I don't think the Lolo Motorway option is ruled out completely yet. As of last week the lol was still closed becasue of snow so I just suggested Independence Pass as a possible alternative. Of course, If you ask Monte, Independence Pass is the only real choice.

I am certainly open to doing either. Unfortunately, both options have issues. Snow on the Lolo and Access restrictions because of forest fire potental at Independence Pass.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #47
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mother of god im getting lost haha! So if im getting this right, the magruder meet is meet in grangeville, wheel for 2 days go to darby, then you guys want to go fron darby to....some place in MT to wheel the trail that lisa is doing for the MT meet. Then drive home.
Sober up Mark This isn't that hard to follow haha
Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #48
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. 13-14 is Magruder .then after that is independence pass. It's actuall south of Magruder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
If we do Independence Pass trail (or Lolo for that matter), it will be another 2 nights on the trail most likely.

I don't think the Lolo Motorway option is ruled out completely yet. As of last week the lol was still closed becasue of snow so I just suggested Independence Pass as a possible alternative. Of course, If you ask Monte, Independence Pass is the only real choice.

I am certainly open to doing either. Unfortunately, both options have issues. Snow on the Lolo and Access restrictions because of forest fire potental at Independence Pass.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #49
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shit, if i do come for this i might have to buy a working cb!\

Quote:
Yes. 13-14 is Magruder .then after that is independence pass. It's actuall south of Magruder.

well its south but a whole lot further east. the drive from darby back would be 6 hours and 350 miles, the drive back from independence would be 9 hours

the fact that magruder is only 4 hours away makes this very tempting... finally a meet close to me!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #50
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the distance between end of Magruder and beginning of independence?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #55
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
check your geography.... magruder is on the ID/MT border and Independence Pass is closer to the Mt/WY border

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Whats the distance between end of Magruder and beginning of independence?
If you guys go all highway/interstate you're looking at about 5 hours driving between Darby and Big Timber.

Quote:
Ya you will definitely want a good CB. we will need them bad for this trip.

Really? I thought independence pass would be closer..oh well.
We'll get you a map.....
Old 07-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #56
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We are calling it Independence Pass but I am wondering why? It is Boulder Creek road that leads up to the Boulder Creek trail that follows Boulder creek almost all the way up to Boulder Peak.

Where does the Independence Pass come from?
Idk actually..haha

Quote:
Depends on the route somewhat. 4-5 hours.
truckin time!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #59
Dolan Plz

Quote:
Lol I know where it is. Just thought mark was in southern ID for some reason..
wut? I am............to get to the start of magruder i literally go directly north along 55, to get back from big sky i go down through mt, and through the south east end of the state by brady.
Quote:
An AP bumper? Oh come on..you can do both
oh no, not possible. I either sap all of my funds for bumper, or a third of my funds for a trip. and to me good memories and a fun trip is worth more than a cool looking truck.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #60
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
check your geography.... magruder is on the ID/MT border and Independence Pass is closer to the Mt/WY border

If you guys go all highway/interstate you're looking at about 5 hours driving between Darby and Big Timber.

We'll get you a map.....
It looked to me like we don't have to go all the way to Big Timber. Can't you get back in there from Bozeman or Livingston?

Where does the name Independence Pass come from?