Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

The Magruder/Lolo Motorway BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 AM   #601
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
bump

IMG_5020 by benjaminspringli, on Flickr
Old 03-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #605
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im working through old photos currently. Ive done a couple.

Castle Butte Lookout by benjaminspringli, on Flickr

Selway River by benjaminspringli, on Flickr

Ill throw a bouple more on my flash drive to look at in the morning
Old 03-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #606
Professional Web Wheeler

IMG_4749 by benjaminspringli, on Flickr
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #609
abunch is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
abunch's Tacoma Gallery
I am leaving for a trip late June to drive out to Portland from the east coast. Goal is to hit this trail on the way out. Anything you would recommend I bring? I will be doing the trail solo. Looked like nothing was super technical.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #611
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunch View Post
I am leaving for a trip late June to drive out to Portland from the east coast. Goal is to hit this trail on the way out. Anything you would recommend I bring? I will be doing the trail solo. Looked like nothing was super technical.
These two trails are definitely worthy.

This year may be different as I have not looked in to it but be aware, when we did this two years ago they were still closed due to snow in mid-july.

Check out some of the links in the first two posts. You'll find contact info for the various ranger districts who manage these lands. They will be able to tell exactly what the access outlook is.

And because I can...

Old 06-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #612
Professional Web Wheeler

Old 06-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #613
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
if i was single i would have the money for toys like that.
LOL
Old 06-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #614
abunch is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
abunch's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Yea was thinking about the Magruder over lolo b/c i don't have time for both.

I should be out there around the 1st or 2nd week of July so I hope the snow is gone by then!

In terms of gear do you think I should bring a hilift and a saw or is it pretty well traveled road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
They are two separate trails..

But yea both are very chill. Could still be snowed in right now though
Old 06-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #615
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
LOL
What lies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunch View Post
Thanks. Yea was thinking about the Magruder over lolo b/c i don't have time for both.

I should be out there around the 1st or 2nd week of July so I hope the snow is gone by then!

In terms of gear do you think I should bring a hilift and a saw or is it pretty well traveled road?
Well sadly this year was a very VERY good snow fall year so I have a feeling that will be slim..but could happen. Magruder is lower then lolo I believe. But IMO lolo is prettier.

Yes I'd bring those thing. It's pretty well traveled really but never hurts.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #617
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I wish I was sitting around a campfire.

This...

miss that

Products Discussed in this Thread