1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possible Fortune Creek trip this Saturday

Discussion in 'North West' started by 4OYOTER, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    4OYOTER

4OYOTER [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    There is a high probability that I am going to hit Fortune Creek again this Saturday. Anybody is welcome to join, I will probably be arriving near Cle Elum around 10am. Hoping to see that darn lake finally!

2. Jul 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    the FJ Forum guys are going out there, you should try joining with them.

3. Jul 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    4OYOTER

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    Sweet. Thank you for the heads up Mike!

4. Jul 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Looks like the FJ guys are heading up to the lake on Sunday. Do you just want to go wheeling and have some fun, or are you specifically looking for Saturday and to wheel up Fortune Creek? I'm back in town and wanting to get out as well...

5. Jul 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    4OYOTER

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    Saturday is my only free day coming up. I have a buddy who wants to go ride along on a wheelin trip and he is free Saturday also. I was thinking Fortune creek simply because I know I wont get body damage. I would be more adventurous, but my sliders wont be here for another week and I would hate to be the guy who gets more body damage a week before he gets sliders!

6. Jul 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    No walker? :D

7. Jul 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    OK - I'm glad you qualified that by referring to it as "more body damage" lol. I'm thinking of leaving work early for a 1/2 day exploration tomorrow but if I can switch that to Saturday, will let you know. Wouldn't want to let your truck go out all by its lonesome :)

8. Jul 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Roll up to walker on saturday and I'll tag along :D

Just take it easier this time ;)

I wouldn't be able to make it all the way over the mountains, I have a big salmon bbq on sunday to support my fire dept. We get a few thousand people every year so I gotta help get ready. But since walker is so close I would be able to head over

9. Jul 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    4OYOTER

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    You know, I hear there are some much easier trails at walker than the one that scared me away. Im just not sure which oned!

10. Jul 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    How was the wheeling, OP? Did you guys have a good time? Is the snow melted after this warm weekend?

11. Jul 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    4OYOTER

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    Unfortunately I didnt end up going. My buddy bailed on me and wheelin trip solo just didn't sound fun. I opted to go shooting out towards Darrington instead. I might however still hit up Fortune this Saturday sometime. I am going to be over in the Vantage area early Saturday morning for a coyote hunt. Will probably hit up Fortune later in the day. How was your Lake Kachess adventure?? Have you been down "cabin creek road"??

12. Jul 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    4OYOTER

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    From the sounds of things on the FJ board, they were not able to reach the lake last weekend due to snow...

13. Jul 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Went camping/crabbing/clamming this weekend instead of going to Lake Kachess. Was thinking of going this week sometime however for a little exploratory run.

14. Aug 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    I hit up Fortune Creek this weekend with my gf, and my buddy who drives a stock Discovery with his wife. Was an awesome trip! We got an early start on Sat morning from Redmond, got up to the lake by about 10:30am set up a nice camp, an inflated some floaty things for the lake, and lounged around all afternoon. Was so nice. Then we all hopped in my Taco and drove up the upper trail, and did some scrambling up to the ridge line. Amazing views of Stewart and Rainier from up there.

I would be up for going back up there pretty much anytime, if anyone here would be interested. It was a great trail, and as the OP said, no real risk of body damage.

Products Discussed in

To Top