Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Possible Fortune Creek trip this Saturday

Old 07-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Possible Fortune Creek trip this Saturday

There is a high probability that I am going to hit Fortune Creek again this Saturday. Anybody is welcome to join, I will probably be arriving near Cle Elum around 10am. Hoping to see that darn lake finally!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
the FJ Forum guys are going out there, you should try joining with them.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Thank you for the heads up Mike!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Looks like the FJ guys are heading up to the lake on Sunday. Do you just want to go wheeling and have some fun, or are you specifically looking for Saturday and to wheel up Fortune Creek? I'm back in town and wanting to get out as well...
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #5

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Saturday is my only free day coming up. I have a buddy who wants to go ride along on a wheelin trip and he is free Saturday also. I was thinking Fortune creek simply because I know I wont get body damage. I would be more adventurous, but my sliders wont be here for another week and I would hate to be the guy who gets more body damage a week before he gets sliders!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner316 View Post
Saturday is my only free day coming up. I have a buddy who wants to go ride along on a wheelin trip and he is free Saturday also. I was thinking Fortune creek simply because I know I wont get body damage. I would be more adventurous, but my sliders wont be here for another week and I would hate to be the guy who gets more body damage a week before he gets sliders!
No walker?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OK - I'm glad you qualified that by referring to it as "more body damage" lol. I'm thinking of leaving work early for a 1/2 day exploration tomorrow but if I can switch that to Saturday, will let you know. Wouldn't want to let your truck go out all by its lonesome
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Roll up to walker on saturday and I'll tag along

Just take it easier this time

I wouldn't be able to make it all the way over the mountains, I have a big salmon bbq on sunday to support my fire dept. We get a few thousand people every year so I gotta help get ready. But since walker is so close I would be able to head over
Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #9

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
You know, I hear there are some much easier trails at walker than the one that scared me away. Im just not sure which oned!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #10

How was the wheeling, OP? Did you guys have a good time? Is the snow melted after this warm weekend?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #11

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately I didnt end up going. My buddy bailed on me and wheelin trip solo just didn't sound fun. I opted to go shooting out towards Darrington instead. I might however still hit up Fortune this Saturday sometime. I am going to be over in the Vantage area early Saturday morning for a coyote hunt. Will probably hit up Fortune later in the day. How was your Lake Kachess adventure?? Have you been down "cabin creek road"??
Old 07-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #12

4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
From the sounds of things on the FJ board, they were not able to reach the lake last weekend due to snow...
Old 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #13

Went camping/crabbing/clamming this weekend instead of going to Lake Kachess. Was thinking of going this week sometime however for a little exploratory run.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
I hit up Fortune Creek this weekend with my gf, and my buddy who drives a stock Discovery with his wife. Was an awesome trip! We got an early start on Sat morning from Redmond, got up to the lake by about 10:30am set up a nice camp, an inflated some floaty things for the lake, and lounged around all afternoon. Was so nice. Then we all hopped in my Taco and drove up the upper trail, and did some scrambling up to the ridge line. Amazing views of Stewart and Rainier from up there.

I would be up for going back up there pretty much anytime, if anyone here would be interested. It was a great trail, and as the OP said, no real risk of body damage.