Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Are no front mudflaps legal in MT, ID, WY, OR, WA?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Are no front mudflaps legal in MT, ID, WY, OR, WA?

I'm leaving on a two week road trip later today and just thought I ask. I currently have only the rear flaps on the truck as the front ones rub somewhat because of my 4.5bs wheels. I do have fronts, but so far the plan is to put them back on the truck for winter when I put on stock wheels and winter tires.

I'll be going through Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington in the next few weeks. Do I need to put front flaps on? Is it illegal to not have front flaps? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
don't think you need em in OR.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
No expert here but there are lots of trucks sold brand new from the dealer without any mud flaps front or rear. I don't believe it's a law in any state to have mud flaps. Most likely the law reads something like top half of the tire must be covered and the wheel well takes care of that. Only 18 wheelers and some other specialty trucks have completely exposed tires that require flaps to keep debris from hitting other vehicles.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
MT4x4Tacoma
MT4x4Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Danielle
MT4x4Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
In montana i dont believe you need front flaps, however I know if you have a lifted or larger truck you need rear mud flaps.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. I won't worry about it then. I don't have a lift, just a stock Tacoma with 4.5bs aftermarket wheels and 265/75/16 tires and rear mud flaps on only.

Changing the topic. Any recomended, hiking trails, camping spots, roads to take, things to see, beeches to visit etc for me along the way? The general direction for the trip is a loop that goes something like this: From Alberta to Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP, Crater Lake NP, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier NP, Tacoma/Seattle?, Olympic NP, Vancouver Island and back to Alberta...