Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

TSF Mini Meet 7-14-2012

Old 07-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
TSF Mini Meet 7-14-2012

Today Me, Brian, and Cody (Bailerc) met up for some trail rides today. We ended up running #6 Browns Powerline, up #10 University Firepower, #4b Happy Meal, and 2/3rds of #13 Cedar Tree.

#6 was a nice gravel road. Going up #6 I had a little puker going on, but it wasn't anything extreme. I basically walked up it. Happy Meal was fun and #13 probably the most fun we had. Narrow at times, definetly nice to have sliders and skids for me. Here are the photos that I took and the videos. Most of the videos are from Cedar Tree.

This is from #10

Edit:
Here are some updated videos on YouTube
http://youtu.be/Nyroz8bdaZw
http://youtu.be/LzAtjq4PAaU
http://youtu.be/GDpVwGL91mg
http://youtu.be/eSGwpWe-Ai0
http://youtu.be/0FyRgN1Yumg
http://youtu.be/SPca1Zg60mc
http://youtu.be/S_WM-_ai4jw
Brian has some good photos too that I hopefully he will post up
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
These were all taken with my Nexus phone. I know they are not the best quality
Old 07-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Was it busy up there?
Old 07-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #4

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Surprisingly no. Saw a couple of jeeps. Cody pulled one out after he got off the trail for us.

And then a few handful of bikes and quads. But I thought there would be a lot more people there
Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
it was a good time, its funny to see how much more clearance i had in those videos than i thought i did from inside
Old 07-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Why no pic's of Mitch's truck?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I've every really found 4b... I tried taking it back to camp and found a dead end. I swear snowgod was yelling about how all my weird turns would result in him never seeing beer again
Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
i have a video of mitch's truck taking that same harse turn ant making it look easy, i'll post it in a bit
Old 07-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #9

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Why no pic's of Mitch's truck?
Brian had a lot of them
Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #10

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Brian had a lot of them
i have only the one decent one and its still sketchy, would have been nice to get a pic of your face when i came close to that tree
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Alright heres mine, not much. Battery was dead for some of the trip and just wasn't many good opportunities to break out the camera. Mostly poser shots. Enjoy.

Oh and I had this. Hard to drive and take video at the same time. Now that I think of it, I will remember my car dock next time because I can use it to mount my phone to the window for video. =/

http://youtu.be/ctw0mjs3cbk
Old 07-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #12

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Mitch, wtf, put those things on Youtube man. Nexus takes amazing videos. Photobucket botches the crap out of them. Working on my photos now....

<<reserved>>

Working on that now
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
My apologies, I'm at the rents house right now and they have like 1990's DSL, i swear its 1 step above dialup. Taking forever to upload the photos.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My apologies, I'm at the rents house right now and they have like 1990's DSL, i swear its 1 step above dialup. Taking forever to upload the photos.
Well hurry up!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #15

bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
im just too lazy to try to find the cable for my phone haha
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #16

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Fixed the first post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #17
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Alright this is fuckin pissing me off. I hate this piece of shit computer. Can't even batch process the photos. Next time I go on vaca, I'm bringing MY computer

Old 07-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #18
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Nice guys, awesome videos Mitch!

Today at work, knowing that you guys were meeting at 11, I was all un-motivated to work knowing that I only work about 2 exits from the North Plain exit that you guys were meeting up at
Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, updated. Thats all you get for now. I'm tired of waiting 5 minutes per photo to upload. I'm about to go hulk smash on my parents computer.

Overall was a fun trip. Its nice to get out and meet some of you guys up here finally. I wouldn't mind trying some of the more difficult trails, but as we discussed before, I want to see them first... seeing as I almost slid into no less than 3 trees because of how narrow that trail was, I'm hoping the difficult ones are more open like you said Mitch. Also I will forewarn anyone with a DCLB, do NOT attempt that trail without sliders... I rode my sliders around a tree and no less than 3 stumps to get through some of the corners. Other than that, those were nice little 'fun' trails, but I wanted to see get Mitch stuck
Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #20

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright, updated. Thats all you get for now. I'm tired of waiting 5 minutes per photo to upload. I'm about to go hulk smash on my parents computer.

Overall was a fun trip. Its nice to get out and meet some of you guys up here finally. I wouldn't mind trying some of the more difficult trails, but as we discussed before, I want to see them first... seeing as I almost slid into no less than 3 trees because of how narrow that trail was, I'm hoping the difficult ones are more open like you said Mitch. Also I will forewarn anyone with a DCLB, do NOT attempt that trail without sliders... I rode my sliders around a tree and no less than 3 stumps to get through some of the corners. Other than that, those were nice little 'fun' trails, but I wanted to see get Mitch stuck
Those are good pics. I'm stealing them.

Imwould be fine getting stuck. At least you know your trying then