Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

OR central coast good eats and attractions?

Old 07-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
OR central coast good eats and attractions?

gonna be taking a small vacay on the coast for 3 nights.
any good recommendations? all i know is my GF wants to try voodoo donuts after i told her about it when i saw it on a show.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Toy taco
hhmmm... maybe i posted in the wrong spot.....
anyone got any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say much for the coast but if you're going to voodoo doughnuts you might want to try Famous Daves BBQ also near PDX. Voodoo doughnut is ok IMO..I'm just not a doughnut kind of guy.

Should have posted in the Oregon/Washing BS thread as it gets looked at more, sorry there were no replies.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I've had Famous Daves once in socal and wasn't impressed - Buster's BBQ is better, but that's in Tigard.

If you go to Lincoln City, go to Beach Dog cafe and Humble Pie Pizza.
Even though you can find higher-class food, Moe's is a requirement food stop. it's like seeing the Space Needle or Empire State building. It's just one of those things you have to do.

go to places -
Devil's Punch Bowl
Depoe Bay, Boiler Bay
Yaquina Bay lighthouse
Hatfield Marine Science Center I think has the aquarium stuff
tide pools
Waldport for the boats and fishing.
Go down the main drag for Newport to see shops - also there are the outlet malls for the women
Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^ Thanks for chimming in Mike!! I don't eat at the coast often so I was like uhhhhhhh..

Famous Daves has great corn bread! I think they give great portion for the price as well.

Lincoln City has an outlet as well if you'd want to check that out. Don't forget the Vortex!! Not sure how far south you're traveling but if memory serves me correct, it's somewhere near Florence??? Oh and of course the aquarium
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
Crater Lake National Park ......a little inland ,but beautiful blue especially on a clear day
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Good Eats

Mo's is a must stop place/ clam chowder in a bread bowl!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012sporttrd View Post
Crater Lake National Park ......a little inland ,but beautiful blue especially on a clear day
x2

Beautiful lake, was there just over a week ago. Make sure to hike down to the lake.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #9

Glad others are chimming in. Help this helps you out a bit OP. I, personally, have never been to Crater Lake but would like to go there in the near future.

Any plans as far as course of action, OP?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
Daves is ok busters is horrible maybe the one in tigard is diff but in gresham it sucks. In Portland go to fire on the mountain if u guys like wings or chicken. Seattle ether space needle. Tacoma The Ram. Portland also has Rock bottom brewery is good. At Newport rouge ale house. Lincoln city or any where u see one look up pig n a pancake, is the bomb breakfast. I'm not much into seafood though can't help ya there. Also stop and get carmel corn and salt water taffy.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
spatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to behold
Army: 2-12 Infantry 4BDE 4ID
Name: Josh
spatchley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente View Post
Mo's is a must stop place/ clam chowder in a bread bowl!!!!
x2
Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah don't go to Dave's BBQ or any other chain for that matter. Chains suck.

If you're in Portland (I'm assuming you will be if you're going to VooDoo), you definitely have to go to Fire on the Mountain located at 4225 North Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR. They have an awesome variety of wing sauces, and they have a few other excellent choices if wings aren't your thing.

If you make a stop in Astoria, I enjoyed the Fort George Brewery and Public House at 1483 Duane Street, Astoria, OR.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #13
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't know if I can recommend Rogue anymore. Have you heard about New Crustacean? That's gross as hell. I'm sticking with Widmer.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
I don't know if I can recommend Rogue anymore. Have you heard about New Crustacean? That's gross as hell. I'm sticking with Widmer.
Uhhhhhhh.........

Widmer makes my personal favorite, the Marionberry Hibiscus Gose.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Toy taco
wow this is great!! thanks everyone!!!

i'll post my itinerary once i plan out the days. the outlet was already set in stone without the suggestion...got keep the gf happy if i'm heading to 4wheelparts to poke around
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
Toy taco
hey guys here a little update, got to cannon beach yesterday and hit up Mo's and was disappointed. More potatoes than clams, and didnt taste like clams. ordered the neptune platter and that was ok. Got to Lincoln city late afternoon check out the condo and unloaded our stuff than head out to eat, went to roadhouse 101 also home of the new brewed beer, Rusty Truck. it was happy hour so it was $2 a pint with over 10 different beers to choose from. Also tried the chowder and I can honestly say its better than Mo's by far. Had beach dog cafe this morning and that made my morning start awesome, i had the gourmet sausage and eggs and the girlfriend had the chilli cheese potatoes. We headed off to the punch bowl and the flying dutchman winery for a taste, of some good local wine, highly recommended. Went to chowder bowl in depoe bay, its was ok but wouldnt recommend it to anyone. I'll give another update tomorrow before heading out sunday. Also seen alot of Tacos down here, actually more like everywhere!!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
hey guys here a little update, got to cannon beach yesterday and hit up Mo's and was disappointed. More potatoes than clams, and didnt taste like clams. ordered the neptune platter and that was ok. Got to Lincoln city late afternoon check out the condo and unloaded our stuff than head out to eat, went to roadhouse 101 also home of the new brewed beer, Rusty Truck. it was happy hour so it was $2 a pint with over 10 different beers to choose from. Also tried the chowder and I can honestly say its better than Mo's by far. Had beach dog cafe this morning and that made my morning start awesome, i had the gourmet sausage and eggs and the girlfriend had the chilli cheese potatoes. We headed off to the punch bowl and the flying dutchman winery for a taste, of some good local wine, highly recommended. Went to chowder bowl in depoe bay, its was ok but wouldnt recommend it to anyone. I'll give another update tomorrow before heading out sunday. Also seen alot of Tacos down here, actually more like everywhere!!

Well that blows. What are your plans for the rest of the weekend? Still heading to VooDoo doughnuts? It's suppose to be hot as balls today so hope it's a little cooler at the coast.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
Toy taco
Had humble pie pizza last night for dinner, really yummy but the service was a little lacking but otherwise good pizza, had a little bon fire on the beach and roasted some marshmallows. Today we went to pigsnpancake and checked out blue heron boating rental and we're gonna hit water @ 12. Oh on a side note I saw a 2gen taco at pigsnpancke this morning, lifted with black wheels, brownish copper in color. Probably someone here I assume. I starting to get hot here and its only 11:15.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
Nuggety

Yeah Mo's isn't always the best, it's just a place you have to go to