Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Recommendations for place to live in NW (or SW)

Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
scmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud ofscmedic85 has much to be proud of
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Greig
scmedic85's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations for place to live in NW (or SW)

I'm looking for a new place to live and hope ya'll might be able to steer me in the right direction. I've spend the last 14 years in South Carolina, but I don't go to the beach and prefer the mountains.

Trying to avoid large cities and want something with plenty of outdoor activities within driving distance. Other than that I'm not too particular as long as I can find a job.

Growing up I lived in a town where I could ride my bike to school and just leave it in the rack without a lock.. would love to find someplace like that if they still exist.

1) Does anyone have any recommendations for a great place to live?
2) And more importantly, does anyone know of any 911 systems hiring paramedics in these areas?

Any help you can give is appreciated.

P.S. California is NOT an option.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Bend, OR.

I don't know much about the job situation there though. But Bend is awesome.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry not in the areas your wanting. Good luck in your search
Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Reno is actually not bad. I really like it here, and if you want to go into norcal, you're close for those weekend trips. Right at the edge of the Sierras, 1/2 hr from Tahoe, and several lakes within a 1/2 hour as well. Lots of 4 wheeling, hiking, mountain biking, etc.
Decently affordable living, but not as secure as you might wish for as you do hear of theft. You could probably find a paramedic job from what I know also.