Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

URD fuel pump Upgrade

Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
jarhead0313 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3rd LAR 0313
jarhead0313's Tacoma Gallery
URD fuel pump Upgrade

Hi all. I was looking for some help to install the URD fuel pump upgrade this Sat. As soon as this mod is in I will get my truck on a dyno. They custom tuned by Unichip and agian on the dyno. So we can see some real #'s as to how much the Unichip helps.
I would be willing to drive withing a 100 miles of portland if you can't come to my house, and of course buy the beer and food.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Bump
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
gdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary B
gdry06's Tacoma Gallery
hey bro,
i'd be willing to help if your looking to do it later during the day as ill be camp till saturday morning.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdry06 View Post
hey bro,
i'd be willing to help if your looking to do it later during the day as ill be camp till saturday morning.
I could really use the help, thanks. PM my #
Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
gdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgdry06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gdry06's Tacoma Gallery
Got any info on install steps?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Quote:
Ya i bought the kit from URD and it comes with detailed instructions. It is nice, in addition to pumping more fuel it also adds an external filter so you don't have to get into the tank agian to change the filter.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Quote:
What is your beer of choice, so I can get stocked up?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #8

gdry06's Tacoma Gallery
im open to all.

anyone else wanna join in on the fun?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
When are we doing this? Need any tools? Volt meter etc?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
When are we doing this? Need any tools? Volt meter etc?
I am free all day Sat so anytime u guys can come over works for me. As far as tools, the instructions call for a transmission jack to drop the fuel tank witch I dont have so if u have one that would be great . Favorite beverage?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know shit about that! Otherwise i'd help
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
I don't know shit about that! Otherwise i'd help
If they have the space and you have the time, you can always go and learn... might be a mod you want to do in the future or parts of the truck you might want to know more about I'm interested in hearing more, my truck has had some weird mornings where it wouldn't start at all and I'm thinking it's fuel pump related... happens rarely so I haven't been too concerned, but this upgrade might be what I'm looking for
Old 09-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
If they have the space and you have the time, you can always go and learn... might be a mod you want to do in the future or parts of the truck you might want to know more about I'm interested in hearing more, my truck has had some weird mornings where it wouldn't start at all and I'm thinking it's fuel pump related... happens rarely so I haven't been too concerned, but this upgrade might be what I'm looking for
That is a good point sir!

I was under the impression that part was only for someone with a supercharger!
EDIT* I did some research online, it's recommended you do not use an aftermarket fuel pump if you have stock injectors because you will see no benefit and it will be a waste of money "URDUSA.com"
http://www.urdusa.com/Fuel-Upgrades-...duct_info.html
So really no bene for me cuz i'll never had a supercharger me thinks

EDIT* Also looked into the "Chip"

http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicl...ota-Tacoma-34L

"Add's up to 19.5hp & 28.8ft-lb" "With two different mapping high/low"

$500.00
Old 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post
the instructions call for a transmission jack to drop the fuel tank
Just run the tank dry. Drive around until the light comes on and then another 20 miles after that. You'll be able to pull it off without a tranny jack. You can also use two car jacks to lower and raise it back up.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post
I am free all day Sat so anytime u guys can come over works for me. As far as tools, the instructions call for a transmission jack to drop the fuel tank witch I dont have so if u have one that would be great . Favorite beverage?
I may drop by just to BS. lol
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I may drop by just to BS. lol
The BS is half the process!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
That is a good point sir!

I was under the impression that part was only for someone with a supercharger!
EDIT* I did some research online, it's recommended you do not use an aftermarket fuel pump if you have stock injectors because you will see no benefit and it will be a waste of money
Good to know, thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Good to know, thanks!
Without the SC u might not benifit from the new fuel pump but u will with the external fuel filter. This kit enables u to put the fuel filter outside the tank so it can easily be changed out. That problem of ur truck starting could be because of a clogged fuel filter. Just food for thought.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
I'd down to come thru and check out your rig and BS. I have to help a buddy move later in the day, what time were you thinking?