Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

2001 tacoma in good shape, rusted frame, for sale for parts

Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
janie barnett is on a distinguished road
janie barnett's Tacoma Gallery
2001 tacoma in good shape, rusted frame, for sale for parts

My 2001 tacoma with extended cab is in good shape, drives great, and well cared for but getting pulled off the road because of a rusted frame. Toyota has been terrible about providing zero compensation for a prematurely rusted frame. Looking for someone interested in buying the truck for parts.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, you waited too long. Frame recall expired years ago.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
too late to sell the rest of the vehicle to someone looking for parts???? thanks for input, but if you read my post you'll see i'm looking for someone who's interested in making use of rest of the truck. the frame rusted but the rest of the vehicle is in great shape and should be used for parts.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Go to corporate? That's nit right. Done guy just a few months ago turned in a2000. I'd try again. Take legal action
Old 10-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
You misunderstood. I'm saying that you waited too long before Toyota was required to provide help.

The frame rust recall was fairly well known, and Toyota was bending over backward for it - literally buying them back as if the vehicle was new, or at the very least, very close to that value. Form what I've heard, guys were buying wrecked and cheap trucks from unsuspecting private parties, hobble the vehicle to the lot, and trade it in on the recall for a new truck.

Like all recalls, though, the dealers have a period of obligation before the manufacturer sunsets the support. for Toyota frame rust, that deal is done.
I'm not surprised Toyota won't do anything for you, and I doubt trying to pursue legal action is going to go anywhere.
If you think it's unfair, would you also think its unfair for me to buy a Chevy Bel Air and expect GM to take care of my failing body mounts? No. At some point, the manufacturer has done what they could, and at some point discontinues support.
If you think that's bad, I had a Pontiac at one time. I couldn't even buy parts for it because the dealerships stop supplying parts for anything more than 5 years old.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
The recall program that you are referring to was only for trucks up to 2000. Mine is a 2001. Yes, i've been in touch with toyota for the last five years regarding this issue. What i have now is a truck with great parts if anyone wants them, not to debate toyota's policies. Thanks so much for getting in touch if you are interested in a truck for parts!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by janie barnett View Post
The recall program that you are referring to was only for trucks up to 2000. Mine is a 2001. Yes, i've been in touch with toyota for the last five years regarding this issue. What i have now is a truck with great parts if anyone wants them, not to debate toyota's policies. Thanks so much for getting in touch if you are interested in a truck for parts!
5 years eh? Then they would have told you about the frame replacement program they had for rust issues for the ''01-'04 models.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Da Kine
gfiz808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gerald
gfiz808's Tacoma Gallery
you still selling parts?