Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Back to PNW

Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Back to PNW

Moving back to Seattle from Kodiak, planning on being in the area by the 20th or so.

Got about 2 1/2 months off until I start fishing on a Bering Sea boat, want to make the most of my time off. It'd be sweet if anyone in the area was planning any wheeling trips, or just a meet and greet/BS sesh.

My rig. Plans are sliders, rear swing out bumper, re-gear, lockers....in no particular order. New job is 2 months on, 1 off - want to turn my rig into a reliable and comfortable expo rig.

Jake

Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Looks good already
Quick response!

Yeah, it's getting there. It's an addiction. It's a hell of a lot easier to mod our trucks down in America. Living on an island in the Gulf of Alaska kind of puts a damper on things...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck! Is the Bering Sea job the deal with 2 months on and 1 off? That actually sounds like a really good schedule if you can time it right...aka hunting season...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, I'm in Seattle! We have wheeling trips every couple of weeks around here. The nw wa meet thread has details. Where do ya plan on living at?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Nice looking truck! Is the Bering Sea job the deal with 2 months on and 1 off? That actually sounds like a really good schedule if you can time it right...aka hunting season...
Yessir... Got a rotation on the boat - so I get paid on my time off, too!

Hoping to take advantage of my time off and do some serious wheelin trips/exploring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Welcome, I'm in Seattle! We have wheeling trips every couple of weeks around here. The nw wa meet thread has details. Where do ya plan on living at?
Not entirely sure yet. I enjoy Seattle, and have an apartment lined up in Greenwood - at least until I'm able to catch my breath and figure out where I want to home base. But, I've never lived in a city before and don't know if I'm up for it.

I'll check out the NW WA thread.

Thanks everybody!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Yessir... Got a rotation on the boat - so I get paid on my time off, too!

Hoping to take advantage of my time off and do some serious wheelin trips/exploring.

Lucky! I know I would do the same if it where me. You could get some really awesome trips in without being limited to a week or two at best.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
love your truck man
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
I live in Greenwood - we will be neighbors!
Right on! Yeah, I'll be down on 84th NW, sister owns an apartment that I'll be renting. Gotta love the Baranof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
love your truck man
Thanks! Yeah, it's an addiction. To think that when I bought it I was not going to mod it all...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Pillar Mountain pic

Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Nice Pillar Mountain pic

Haha, yeah there's three more wind generators up now.

Kodiak's a beautiful place, but it's an island. I'm getting a little tired of seeing the same 20 women at the bar. There's been a shite load of bears in town over the last few days, guy got bitten by a sow yesterday.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #14
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
At least the coastie chics change once a year. LOL!

What was the fishing season like in the rivers? They musta moved down pretty far this year cuz about 2 years ago there really wasn't that much activity.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to be driving back and forth every time? What is that commute like
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #17

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Are you going to be driving back and forth every time? What is that commute like
Commutes easy if you take the Alaska Marine Highway ferry system. Otherwise, its a good solid 3-4 days of driving.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
At least the coastie chics change once a year. LOL!

What was the fishing season like in the rivers? They musta moved down pretty far this year cuz about 2 years ago there really wasn't that much activity.
Pretty late this year for Silvers, but the Buskin and American had a pretty good run around mid-Sept.

Gonna miss the Mecca and the B'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Haha no, I'll be flying into Dutch. That would suck if I had to do that drive every two months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Enjoy the drive through BC again
Flying Dad to Anchorage to be the copilot, might hit you up if we end up in BC for any length of time.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #19

Law Enforcement:
I miss the small town bar scene every now and then. Nothing like little hole in the wall bars.