1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Picked up a new KONA MTB

Discussion in 'North West' started by LAoffroadin, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Nov 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Anyone here do any mountain biking? i just bought a 2007 kona shred in damn near new condition for 185$ is that a food price? picture attached..

what yall think?

also what are some good trails to ride around seatac area WA?

3K83Fd3o95G25E95M9cbf797d2285198c12c0.jpg

2. Nov 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    I don't know much about the bike, looks nice though, I'm planning on getting into mtn biking this spring when I get home from the desert. I'm pretty stoked to get started.

3. Nov 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I have been wanting to get into it but they are waaay to pricey for me, for good ones. Idk much about them. The one you got looks pretty nice. All I know is if I get one it will have suspension in the rear as well, in the frame under the seat.

4. Nov 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    VTTACOMA

VTTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benj
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport, Black
    Sweet bike enjoy it man! You will most likely outgrow it pretty soon if you really get into riding.

5. Nov 16, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    yeah i dont know well see, i tried a buddies full suspension giant and didnt like it. felt harder to control and was like 2200$ i
    found this one on craigslist guy was asking 200 i offered like 150 and he said 185 so yeah. i researched it before and found that this is a 700$ bike and one of the top rated brands so i said wth why not...

6. Nov 16, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Nice score. Ride it! Gitcha some 35$ 1800 lumen LED lights off ebay and hit the trails at night. Completely different cool world. Also riding at night helps daytime rides, makes them seem effortless as far as trail knowledge of obstacles.

These things kick ass and really kick ass for the coin. Have yet to run battery dry on several 3+ hr rides. Have never seen low battery light yet. I've been thru 300$ sets of lights and these are the real deal. They have held up great too. Battery is so small it velcros to stem instead of big heavy water bottle sized battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-XML-T6...2139166?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3f1ef25b1e

And there are even 2400 lumen versions. 450 lumens = 5 watts so 1800 = 20 watts & 2400 = 27.5 watts. These are much brighter than the nightsun 20 watt high beam I had on the older halogen lights.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Nov 16, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    ^^Thanks I need a good handlebar mounted headlight so I will have to look into this light when I get home from work.

8. Nov 16, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It comes with some kind of mount for the helment too........oh, it has lo, hi & strobe. The strobe is like being at a rave club and 2 of them on strobe will cause seizures, lol. Cars freak out trying to figure out if they are getting pulled over or WTF is going on.

9. Nov 16, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    Nice bike!!

10. Nov 16, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
  11. Nov 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I was going to say about the same. I have a Kona Cinder Cone from about that same time period, cost me $800 and was second to the top end model before getting into full suspension.
    They are a bit heavier than other brands, but they were made in the northwest with consideration for the northwest's weather :)

Looks like the previous owner swapped out seats, and i can't blame them. My factory seat is quality, but is about as comfortable as planting yourself on an I-beam. It's getting replaced soon.

I'm out of shape unfortunately to really get the use out of it I want :eek:

If you are looking for some great places to go, the few places I know are:
    Capitol Forest
    Tillamook State Forest
    Black Rock

All of these have dedicated trails. Black Rock is probably the most extreme and was purpose-built for downhill mountain bikers.

12. Nov 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    CHPTR11

CHPTR11 Team Impulse Red

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma
    OME, Hankook, ARB, SCS

Products Discussed in

To Top