Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

OREGON/WASHINGTON: Famous Fab Shackle Flips - Who's in for a group shipment?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
OREGON/WASHINGTON: Famous Fab Shackle Flips

I'm buying a shackle flip kit from Famous Fabrication and I'd like to see who else in the Oregon/Washington area would like to get a set as well.

Famous Fabrication shackle flip kit

Price: $191.35

Approximate lead time: 1.5 weeks (plus shipping time)

How this works:

Contact Dwreck to place an order

My original idea was to do a group shipment, but I'm not sure it saves us anything since shipping a small product like this doesn't really have room for savings.

Instead, I'd like to leave this up here to generate interest, then see about having a mod day once my product arrives. I can host at my place, but I'm hoping someone else has a better spot than my driveway. Also, someone with a torch would be handy, we need to cut off the large rivets on the stock shackle.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now that I've done a terrible job of explaining that, who's in?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
count me in
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun with the rivets. If you have a torch it'll be faster than grinding/drilling them out.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
I'll order mine and if the timing is right a mod day would be cool. I might do a rear shock install too!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Nuggety

Any of you who posted interest, please place an order with DWreck soon, he's planning on doing the fab stuff around middle next week.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Got my shackles in yesterday! Not sure when I'll get the time to put them on though... Maybe next weekend.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
Nuggety

got mine last week as well!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
Shits & Giggles

Is it just a quick swap or is there cutting/drilling needed? Does Dwreck have install instructions somewhere?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
Nuggety

I haven't seen anything, I think there was a brief write-up on the FJC forum. Going to need to cut, chisel, or torch off the factory rivets (they are about the diameter of your thumb).
Dwreck recommends that you stick a plug in the channel of the frame during the cut/chiseling to prevent warping the frame.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
I drilled a hole all the way through the rivet, drilled the head off and punched the rivet out
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #16
Shits & Giggles

Just send a PM to Dwreck. He makes them and ships them out. Payments made via paypal
Old 12-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where did you buy your kit from?
homemade