Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Boise area/outskirts, Opinions?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Boise area/outskirts, Opinions?

Anybody around here in the outskirts and areas surrounding Boise? Wife and I are headed up in April to look over areas to start searching for a ranch. Looking to be out of CA and up there within 2 years.

My buddy moved up to Twin Falls last year and is not with the Sherrifs there but I think we want to be closer to Boise probably. I have looked mainly at Mountain Home due to the amount of open space and availability of properties at lower cost (looking for 50-100+ acres, more the better if in price).

Anybody in these areas have any advice on where ot look when we come up? Where not to look? Want something that is going to be close to the things we need yet not in the city. Emphasis on hunting areas (especially waterfowl) and fishing as well since that is my industry.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody has got to live up there, I know it by seeing peoples locations under names. No help?

I know that a lot of folks up there dont like Californians but we are about as far from Californian as you can be while still living here. I work in the outdoors industry and run a non-profit for wounded vets to take then into the outdoors for therapy. My life revolves around hunting and fishing. California isnt the place for us at all especially with the sized ranch we are looking for and what we want to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated. Wife and I have got to get out of here to have somewhere I actually want my kids to grow up.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
Chargin18 is on a distinguished road
Name: charlie
Chargin18's Tacoma Gallery
Mountain home is really nice, I'm in the Boise/treasure valley area. Nice here but mountain home is nice especially if you like wheeling
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I was just out in the idaho city area.. about 40 mins away from boise.. beautiful area.. are you looking for a mountain area? or more plains? because from my experience there is both and both are very diff places..
there are a few members from that area.. I'm sure they will chime in..
Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
You should come check out the Idaho BS thread. We have a few Boise guys, though I'm not sure how much they can help you with finding property, but they at least know the area.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargin18 View Post
Mountain home is really nice, I'm in the Boise/treasure valley area. Nice here but mountain home is nice especially if you like wheeling

Love mountains home, Also the Twin Falls area has some really great country.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
This thread is a year old haha
God damn it who bumped this! haha
Old 01-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #9
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
My girl is in the wendell area